Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
You will partner directly with ecosystem product leadership to define and execute data roadmaps, and build systems of intelligence empowering the team while bringing forward actionable and inspiring insights to spearhead critical operational and strategic decisions across all aspects of ecosystem at coinbase
We expect you to have a deep understanding of crypto domains and demonstrate clear communication, strong desire to execute and best-in-class craftsmanship. Also, you’ll spend the other part of your time collaborating with cross-functional partners in product and engineering, ensuring Coinbase scales in the most safe and compliant way.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of data scientists, data science managers and build strong partnerships with ecosystem product teams
- Act as a strategic thought partner to product leadership and Coinbase executives; lead the team to execute on campaign measurements, brand awareness and other top product priorities
- Partner closely with data and organization leadership to meet analytics needs and continuously improve our insight-creation capabilities, as a trusted and influential evangelist for data-guided decision making, while cultivating a culture of data at coinbase.
- Drive long term product data strategies and planning
- Leverage advanced analytics toolset to find opportunities, unpack drivers and develop hypotheses to inform action planning with partners
- Act as the DRI for key ecosystem metrics and insights at Coinbase
- Advocate for data guided decision and frameworks via empowerment of data usage across the product and data organization
- Recruit and grow a premier data science and analytics team
- Drive data team and organizational level initiatives to scale our insights through better systems and automation
- Design communication structure and cadence with team members; Synthesize data takeaways (success or failures) into compelling narratives and communicate them throughout Coinbase
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA / BS degree business, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or any scientific or computational degree. Masters or PhD is preferred
- Passion for crypto and blockchain domains. Prior experience in crypto data is preferred
- Strategic product orientation - product driven data leader who proactively understands user journey and insights in the ecosystem product domain at Coinbase, and consistently looking for HOW and WHY.
- Deep knowledge of product analytics and data domains with proven track record of running a successful data science and analytics function
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on leader of a data science/analytics team.
- Experience in both internal and external storytelling and executive presentations.
- Expertise with analytics tools, data visualization, sql, r, or python as applied to data science and analytics.
- 10+ years of experience providing business insights support for the executive team.
- Excellent ability to communicate complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders.
- Proven track record of strong leadership. Experience in leading large teams with 10+ team members
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.