Head of Data Science & Analytics at Opendoor
| San Francisco | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:12 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 26, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
As the Head of Data Science & Analytics, you will take charge of the core end-to-end analytics team at Opendoor, from rapid-response business intelligence to advanced experimentation & causal inference to the company-wide, self-service analytics platform. You will be responsible for driving and democratizing insights about our core businesses, working cross-functionally with key business leaders to set business strategy, and driving bottom-line business impact. To achieve this, you’ll manage and grow 3 core analytics teams, uplevel the team’s capabilities through an emphasis on causal inference, experimentation, and platform capabilities, and drive a culture of excellence via functional practices and deep knowledge of what great looks like. If you’ve got a top 3% analytics superpower, are excited about leading through math and empathy, and having a trillion-dollar impact, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Head of Data Science & Analytics, you will:
- Define and iteratively execute an 18-month plan to better understand and maximize the sufficient causal drivers of our business.
- Collaborate with dozens of internal stakeholders to help set company-wide strategy across marketing, pricing, consumer product, offline operations, and others.
- Improve our ability to both ask better questions and answer questions better, using a combination of both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Manage a growing team through layers and reinforce a culture of context (not control), democratized power, radical candor.
- Continue to scale and up-level a highly committed team via rapid hiring, functional practices, and a culture of excellence.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 10+ years of experience in at least 3 of the 4 following areas: experimentation, product analytics, analytics platforms, and/or user research.
- 5+ years of management experience, including working with cross-functional teams and managing managers.
- Exceptional background in at least one of the following areas: advanced experiment design, causal inference, or mixed-methods user research.
- Exceptional ability to translate between business and technical audiences, especially in summarizing highly technical analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Strong people management abilities and instincts, especially managing managers and managing a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical abilities across long-range (12-month-plus) strategic planning, medium-term OKRs, and driving short-term execution.
- Strong analytical and/or quantitative background.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description