Grace Hopper 2023 : Data Engineer II at Chewy (Miami, FL)
Chewy is looking for Data Engineers to join our Data Engineering Team based in Boston, MA, Plantation, FL, or Minneapolis, MN. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded technologist with a passion for building innovative business solutions with big data technologies. Experience delivering big data solutions – from system setup to development to business solution delivery – is critical. Programming experience is also paramount. Big data technologies are constantly evolving. The Data Engineer should be keeping up with the latest developments and should be able to connect technical capability with business need.
What you'll do:
- Design analytical solutions for business users that provide the data needed to operate the business.
- Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics platform.
- Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes.
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers.
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data mart issues and perform regular backups and disaster recovery procedures.
- Write documentation on design, architecture and solutions.
What you'll need:
- Experience in data warehouse design and data integration methodologies.
- 5+ years of SQL expertise and the ability to work with many different database types. Snowflake, Postgres, SQL Server, and others as required.
- 5+ years of detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Snowflake and AWS cloud technologies, including AWS Redshift, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, and AWS S3, EC2, ECS, Kenisis, DynamoDB, etc
- 3+ years of experience Integrating data between operational databases using data integration tools like Informatica, CloverDX, Datastage, Talend, Pentaho Data Integrator, or SSIS.
- Data modeling experience in large Data warehousing, data lake environment
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for work products.
- Experience performing analytics to solve complex business problems.
- BS or Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Position may require travel.
- Snowflake certification.
- HR data and systems knowledge.
- Experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, etc.).
- Background in e-commerce.
- Agile experience is a plus.
- Experience with statistical methods and data science.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises.
- Knowledge of data integration and familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks.
- Hand on experience delivering high performance distributed systems in public cloud environments.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].