Global Risk Analytics Manager at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Risk Analytics & MIS team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that ensure seamless, secure commerce experiences across Visa’s physical and digital eco-system. Our analytic and data professionals deliver on this mission by implementing data based solutions, analysis and insights targeted at maintaining security, reducing fraud rates and preserving the integrity of the largest payment processing network in the world.
Data analytics is a critical pillar of the Risk organization and, as such, this position is an essential component of delivering against the promise and security of the Visa brand. To be successful, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world challenges for Visa and our clients. Your expertise and insights will serve as a beacon to guide business decisions based on data.
The Global Risk Analytics, Manager (individual contributor role) is responsible for executing on analytics and reporting initiatives which deliver data-driven insights to internal and external stakeholders, including Visa executives, issuing banks, acquirers, processors and merchants. You are playing a key role on the most critical programs of Visa Global Risk organization and empowering Visa’s most important global clients to achieve overall payment success by way of improved payment security. You will work on the innermost of Visa’s core data and system and contribute to the development of industry-leading capabilities to protect Visa and our clients from emerging payment threats. You must be able to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver on a dynamic set of needs in a fast-paced environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform in-depth analysis and deliver insights on global initiatives and various regional priorities
- Contribute to a high performing culture that becomes the benchmark for excellence at Visa, mentor and develop more junior team members to ensure we build talent from within
- Ensure data driven decision making is a priority for clients, colleagues, and other internal stakeholders
- Understand and identify emerging payment threats (e.g. enumeration, Crypto payment fraud) that impact Visa’s global payment ecosystem. Develop business logics to capture the threats and quantify the impacts on Visa and our clients (issuing banks, acquirers, processors and merchants)
- Develop both retrospective and predictive analytical tools (executive dashboards, client-facing dashboards, real-time alerts, models, etc.) to combat the major payment threats for Visa and clients
- Craft meaningful presentations and insights from complex data with content that clearly presents opportunities in an accurate, understandable and engaging manner to executives (e.g. Chief Risk Officer, Regional Risk Officer, Senior VPs, Senior leaders from our clients
- Engage with Visa’s biggest Global Clients (the largest issuers and acquirers across the world) to improve their overall payment success holistically (including approval, fraud, dispute, etc.) with actionable recommendations through development of innovative tools. Compare client performance against industry best practices, inject new perspectives with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunities.
- Identify macro business and market trends that guide areas of future analysis
- Translate understanding of Visa’s products and services into client engagement strategies that yield financial and performance benefits
- Serve as a strategic advisor to organizational leadership and peers – inclusive of Risk MIS team, Regional Risk Officers, Functional/Global leaders and the Regional President.
- Cultivate cross-functional partnerships, building relationship capital that facilitates the advancement of holistic/strategic initiatives
- Be an expert at getting to the root of a problem, defining business objectives and formalizing data requirements – especially in a fast paced, fluid environment
The position is open to candidates in the following locations: Foster City, CA, San Francisco, CA, New York City, NY, Austin, TX, Denver, CO, and Atlanta, GA.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.Qualifications
This position demands an energetic, analytic business expert who can bring high quality insights to bear and deliver them in a compelling way to drive business value.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Deep expertise in Risk, payments, analytics, business consulting and/or operations
- 5-7 years of progressive success in roles of increasing responsibility
- 5+ years working in analytics, risk, management consulting, strategic operations or insight delivery
- Possess a relentless, client-centric and result-driven mindset coupled with strong problem solving skills and an ability to break down complex problems and propose alternative, new ways of thinking.
- Big data experience (Hadoop, Hive, Spark), data visualization experience (Tableau) and/or SQL experience are critical skills – this role is about both doing and delivering
- Exceptional risk and/or business acumen and technical rigor – be able to seamlessly shift between working with data to conversations with executives
- Strongly skilled at manipulating and integrating data from a variety of sources
- Strong verbal, written, motivational and interpersonal skills .
- Be comfortable working virtually with teams across the globe from different time zones.
- Knowledge of the payments industry
- Risk analytics/operations, data science/modeling experience or similar quantitative business responsibility for financial or operational performance.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.