Global Intelligence Analyst (Overnight) at AlertMedia
AlertMedia is seeking a Global Intelligence Analyst to join our Global Intelligence team. This role will play a critical part in making sure our customers are provided with timely and accurate information when there is a critical event in their area. As a Global Intelligence Analyst, you will discern what information is important and relevant through the utilization of a variety of source tools, then relay that information to our customers. This position requires laser-sharp focus, pristine attention-to-detail, clear and effective communication skills and the ability to reason. You must have the ability to make quick and thoughtful decisions with the understanding that the information you are sharing could be critical.
Who you are:
You have previous job experience in the news media, as a security or intelligence analyst, or another role which required you to be mission-focused, analytical, highly organized and work within time constraints. You’re inspired to make a difference and understand the importance and responsibility of supporting valued customers during critical events. You have sound judgement with the ability to make difficult decisions under pressure. You’re an independent problem solver but also capable of working collaboratively in support of a larger team.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Utilize source tools to identify and monitor incidents and potential threats globally
- Based on given criteria, identify events that could impact business continuity and the safety of our customers and their employees
- Communicate critical information effectively and with urgency and provide updated information as necessary
- Ensure that all information is delivered with the highest level of accuracy and speed
- Work with AlertMedia's Global Intelligence team to continuously update sources to ensure the highest level of monitoring and knowledge
- 2+ years of professional business experience, particularly in roles demanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills based on given criteria; ability to evaluate a variety of situations, establish priorities and provide accurate information with urgency
- General knowledge of current events
- Ability to multitask effectively with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong understanding of existing social media platforms and ability to learn and utilize a variety of tools and systems
- Capable of working independently on a task or tasks while also thriving and collaborating as part of a larger team
- Ability to work under stressful situations, in a fast-paced environment with critical timelines
- Desire to be a part of building something new, exciting and evolving
- A willing partner in giving and receiving feedback on product, process and performance
- As a key player in a 24/7 team, this role requires commitment to your agreed upon shift with ability/flexibility of hours as needed to support the business. This may include evening, overnight, weekends and holidays from time-to-time
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Degree in journalism, communication or other related area
- Experience in news and/or media, particularly as an assignment editor or newsgatherer
- Experience in analytics, global intelligence or incident monitoring
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.