Welcome to Agerpoint:
Agerpoint is pioneering development of a spatial data platform for agriculture and climate insights powered by scalable terrestrial data capture and precise automated plant-level analytics. Our team develops technologies to digitize, analyze and comprehend the natural world.
Through a combination of artificial intelligence, high performance computing, computer vision and advanced analytics, the Agerpoint platform fuses together sensor data from mobile devices, terrestrial vehicles, drones and satellites with other information and human observations to create a highly precise, quantifiable and interactive digital record to enable better decision-making for clients across agriculture, forestry, government and conservation organizations.
Agerpoint's Know Your Carbon™ serves to provide credibility and transparency to carbon credits by leveraging Agerpoint’s unique ability to create highly accurate 3D plant models and efficiently extract physical measurements and health information using automation and AI. Know Your Carbon™ was recently selected as winner of the World Economic Forum’s Carbon Market Challenge as announced at the United Nations COP26 Climate Summit.
Our mission is to improve quality of life for our planet’s inhabitants and mitigate climate change by enabling a transformational shift in how we measure and monitor plants, crops and forests.
Agerpoint is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina at the Alexandria Center for AgTech - the country's first and only integrated multi-tenant, amenity-rich agtech R&D and greenhouse site.
About the Role:
Agerpoint is searching for a Geospatial Data Analyst to support high tech, high impact agriculture, forestry and climate research projects and customer engagements. The qualified candidate should have a background in remote sensing and geospatial processing to work with agriculture and forestry data streams, with a strong desire to learn and grow their knowledge base.
The successful candidate will be exposed to a wide range of innovative projects and remote sensing data types, including aerial/UAV, mobile and terrestrial-based LiDAR, multispectral, and visual data. There will be many opportunities to learn new methods of data processing and quality assurance techniques. Above all, these roles will have a large impact on the success of Agerpoint’s various teams, and you will receive exposure to cutting-edge, machine learning techniques and AI programming.
We are considering both full-time and part-time candidates for this role.
- Interact with numerous data types based on internal and external project requirements
- Assist with machine learning model training and categorizing areas for data quality improvement
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams to execute high quality work and deliverables for Agerpoint’s clients and stakeholders
- Organize and maintain data storage according to project requirements and standards
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, mitigating workflow gaps to support our growth and impact
- Target new opportunities where new skills can be developed and sharpened
- Bachelor’s degree, or 2-3 years of professional experience in Geospatial Information Science (GIS)
- Background in processing various remote sensing data types, including, but not limited to: point clouds, multispectral/visual data, ground control points (GCPs), and vector data types.
- Basic Python programming knowledge for executing scripts
- Data processing experience with Agisoft and QGIS preferred, but not required
- Resourceful, self-starter who exhibits a strong ability to think critically, research and analyze, and develop solutions to processing or pipeline issues
- Ability to remain flexible, handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate and explain procedures and actions for technical and high-level audiences
- Familiarity with agriculture, conservation, forestry management systems preferred, but not required
Benefits While Working at Agerpoint:
Paid company holidays and vacation
Remote friendly and flexible work environment
Company paid healthcare benefits
Equity options for full-time employees
Access to fully equipped, EXOS-operated fitness center with on-site wellness coaches and on-site eatery (for employees in Research Triangle Park, NC)
Agerpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Agerpoint is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
More Information on Agerpoint
Agerpoint operates in the Agriculture industry. The company is located in Triangle, NC. Agerpoint was founded in 2012. It has 24 total employees. To see all 5 open jobs at Agerpoint, click here.
Read Full Job Description