Geospatial Analyst at PrecisionHawk (Raleigh, NC)
Do you like drones? Do you want to be a pioneer and join the front lines of using drone technology to enable smarter decisions in business?
Fantastic – we do, too! PrecisionHawk, Inc. is dedicated to changing the way businesses view their assets and manage resources. To extract the true commercial value of drones, we must continue to advance a multifaceted technology that includes advanced robotics, robust software, and rich data.
Are you excited about the possibility of bringing your GIS/geospatial experience to the commercial drone industry?
At PrecisionHawk, we’re building technologies that change the way we view and interact with the world. Our teams consistently push the boundaries of what’s possible with drone technology, and we pride ourselves on finding new ways to process data to solve real global problems.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Willingness and interest in working closely with a team.
- Cross collaborate with sales and operations, supporting the pre and post sales execution process.
- Utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information
- Developing python scripts to manipulate and analyze vector and raster data
- Developing and maintaining databases, reports, and maps
- Creating, organizing, manipulating and retrieving GIS data for reporting, analysis, and presentation purposes
- Performing quality assurance of GIS data and associated graphic components
- Using standard concepts, practices and procedures to extract and provide GIS and remote sensing data
Successful candidates will have some combination of the following:
- Proficient in geomatics technologies; LiDAR, GIS, Photogrammetry, Mapping
- Experience with major geospatial platforms (ESRI (ArcGIS Online, ArcMap), QGIS, GlobalMapper, ENVI, PCI, GRASS, RemoteView, Pix4d, Autocad)
- Experience with processing orthomosaics and photogrammetric point clouds.
- Experience managing AWS S3 for data management
- Experience with automating processes through scripting (Python, ArcPy, IDL, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and presenting complex data and proven problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in the energy and telco industries highly desired
- Proven ability to multitask between different tasks
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience writing python scripts for geospatial applications (experience with the following libraries preferred: geopandas, shapely, rasterio, pyproj)
Background desired includes having obtained or working towards a degree in one or more of the following:
- GIS Certificate OR,
- BA, BAS or AAA in Geospatial Science, Geography, OR Related field
- Preferred ITC Thermography Certification and experience working with thermal imagery
At PrecisionHawk, we support, celebrate and collectively thrive as a result of diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer