Geospatial Analyst at Verisk (Remote)
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job Description
This position is within the technical production team within an established company. Reporting to the Technical Director, the role involves classification, analysis, and integration of data to support production of 3DVI UK products and services.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to
- Collection and classification data for published databases
- Review and update of existing published databases
- Integrating datasets and services
- Performing data analysis and research
- Enhancing data through efficient integration of external data sources
- Quality assurance
- Where required the role may include
- Attending and contributing to regular team meetings
- Reporting on progress and making accurate predictions for completion of allocated tasks
- Problem solving
- Other related tasks as directed
- Understanding of spatial analysis and experience of detailed work with spatial data
- Experience of desktop GIS (ESRI, QGIS), Databases (PostGIS) and applications such as FME
- Experience of scripting/programming (Python, SQL, R) desirable
- Ability to use and interpret aerial imagery
- Familiarity with standard Office and reporting applications
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to share knowledge with team
- Degree qualified in at related discipline OR experience in a similar role
- Experience of spatial analysis including aerial photography
- Background in UK spatial data (Ordnance Survey, Addresses, Administrative Geographies)
- A basic understand of building construction/design and urban development
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice