Genomic Scientist at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to learn Genomic Scientist to join our team. This individual will primarily focus on quality control review of NGS results, data analysis, and variant interpretation as part of a team including Genetic Counselors and Geneticists.
What you will do:
- Conduct sample and variant analysis quality control
- Review NGS results for clinical cases using standard operating procedures
- Classify variants through literature review and available resources
- Summarize variant interpretations using concise language
- Support the team on technical analysis related to Invitae/Genosity laboratory services
- Support clients to ensure seamless transitions throughout the analysis and implementation process
- Effectively communicate with internal staff, with our partners, and with clients
- Demonstrate independence taking on projects and initiatives
Who you are:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in biology, genetics, or related life science
- Previous work experience in the genomics arena is preferred but not required
- A detail orientated, fast, and self-motivated learner
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written language
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.