Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. As the team behind the teams, Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.Job Description
The GBS Balance Sheet Finance Analyst is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- To be a key business support to the GBS Balance Sheet Controller, supporting all aspects of Balance sheet control, analysis, investigation, reporting and review.
- To manage the collation, preparation and completion of the Balance Sheet Review Pack for the monthly Senior Finance Review with Group FD, Senior GBS Management and Divisional CFOs.
- To liaise with GBS colleagues, enterprise analytics team, senior management and others to add narrative and insight for review.
- To work with GBS Balance Sheet Controller on any routine, or ad hoc analysis and investigation.
- Specific areas will include …
- Balance sheet watch list, credits and risks
- Assets under construction and deferred costs
- Receivables analysis, trends and key messages
- Balance sheet reconciliations: completeness, timeliness, quality
- Revenue accrual trends and tails
- Reporting of controls status and action plans
Knowledge & Qualification
• 2 – 3 years’ accounting experience
• Recognised qualification, or progress towards full qualification
• Degree preferable
• Previous experience of finance analysis in a large, multi-national and multi-divisional organisation
• Knowledge of SAP/Oracle
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent knowledge and proven use of Excel and Powerpoint. Use of PowerBI / analytics toolsets prefereable.
• Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
• Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
• Good time management skills
• Ability to be flexible within role
• Good attention to detail
• Confident and highly motivated
• Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
• Be pro-active and take initiative
• Good influencing skills
• Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- Flexible working and access to a modern office in a central location
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.