Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae needs engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds to enable us achieve our mission. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It’s a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
This role is with our new Ciitizen team. Ciitizen is a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information. We are looking for an experienced and motivated full-stack engineer to join our Machine Learning and AI team to help us revolutionize healthcare. In this role, you will focus on crafting and developing tools and capabilities to enable the ML/AI and Clinical teams to architecting ML/AI solutions for productization. You will serve as a bridge between the ML/AI, clinical, and engineering teams to lead efforts to transform ML POC functions into product-grade features. You will collaborate with data scientists, engineers, clinicians, and product managers to make informed decisions, manage risks, and build opportunities. You will demonstrate scaled ML Deployment and MLOps experience to address complex healthcare data problems. The role is based out of the Ciitizen offices in Palo Alto, California but can be 100% remote. This role will directly collaborate with the Director of Data Science.Responsibilities:
- Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large-scale database systems
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Contribute in design discussions, code reviews and project-related team meetings
- Build technical & domain expertise and apply it to solving product challenges.
- Improve performance and scalability of applications
- Full-stack development with Vue.js/Node.js/Express.js/Sails.js, with front-end work (JQuery, Backbone.js/Angular.js, CSS3, HTML5)
- RESTFUL API Development
- Maintain and improve portals and web applications
- Analyzing and fixing current production issues
- Diagnose functional issues, report bugs, and take ownership of issue resolution
- Light work to improve, maintain and build microservices in Java
- Design, build, and unit test software in a collaborative environment
- Write clear, efficient, scalable, and maintainable code
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Participate regularly in an Agile team environment and schedule
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers, product managers, and other front-end developers to build user-friendly features and applications
- 3-4 years experience building successful products as a full-stack engineer
- Expert knowledge of Node.js and Python
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with HTML standard methodologies
- Experience with CSS processors
- Experience with Agile/ Scrum and Test Driven Development practices
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Experience with microservice development (Node.js, python)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience developing image and text annotation tools
- Excellent understanding of full web development cycles
- Proven knowledge of responsive web design, JSON, third-party libraries, and APIs
- Back-end: Python + Django, NodeJS etc.
- Databases: SQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.
- Design: UX (User Experience Design), UI (User Interface Design), IA (Information Architecture)
- React Experience
- Agile experience with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping and meticulous A/B testing
- Experience working with clinical data
- Experience with Machine Learning Method and/or Computer Vision techniques or NLP
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s specialists in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve built a culture that empowers our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive pay in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.