Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
In order to protect the world, we need to talk to tens of millions of decision-makers and explain how Verkada products work. To do that at scale we build in-house solutions that optimize every single detail in the business conversation flow.
At the core of it is our understanding of web protocols and language, as well as the discipline of execution and innovation.
In contrast to classical SWE roles, we focus on 'zero to one' innovation first, and scalability/reliability second. In contrast to classical DS positions, we design software that involve humans in-the-loop ('hybrid AI'), which implies a stronger focus on architecture and UI rather than pure model training. In contrast to growth teams, we are 100% makers, we build things in-house and rethink the communication from a systems perspective. Essentially, we create scalable middleware that aligns the passion of Verkada product engineers with the needs of prospective customers.
Therefore, to be successful at the job you need to be willing to connect the dots across engineering, practical data science and product. This role will challenge you as you'd need to grow as a generalist, learn from others across different areas and focus on one area to master.
- Raw smarts, ability to move fast across the innovation lifecycle, from 0 to 1 to n: idea/research, proof-of-concept, prototype, mvp, scalable solution.
- For a DS-inclined candidate: mastery of python and core statistics/ml/optimization principles; modern NLP/RL techniques is a plus.
- For a SWE-inclined candidate: experience with setting up web servers, data pipelines (high frequency streams is a plus), job schedulers, message queues, python/go stack preferred; experience with single page front end frameworks is a plus.
- Positive attitude, first-principles thinking, passion for growth, contribution, and impact.
- Design and build scalable, reliable systems, contribute to core infrastructure. Effectively articulate tradeoffs.
- Partner with engineering and business functions to align business requirements, technical roadmap and resources invested
- Come up with creative practical solutions given full autonomy and a budget to invest
- Think big, act with integrity
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.