Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for a Fraud Risk Analyst to join the Risk and Compliance Department here at Candy. We are responsible for keeping our customers safe and ensuring the Candy Platform remains uncompromised. You will play a leading role in fraud detection, as well as fraud prevention, for the Candy Platform, ensuring account safety for thousands of users, and millions of dollars in transactions.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Communicating with Candy customers to help solve payment issues, complaints, fraud notifications, and security incidents.
- Investigating new fraud trends, synthetic identities, payment disputes (chargebacks), money laundering signals, fraud networks, organized crime, and scams.
- Make data-driven decisions on refunds, account shutdowns, platform suspensions and bans.
- Use advanced technologies to identify stolen identities, synthetic identities, stolen credit cards, and illegal activities.
- Partner with multiple teams across the organization to mitigate risk, fraud, and platform abuse.
- Monitor queues, tickets, and alerting systems to quickly stop fraudulent or illegal activity before it happens, and to ensure all SLAs are met within the correct time window.
- Provide managers and leadership with recommendations on how to stop new fraud or loss trends based on a data driven approach.
- Become a subject-matter expert within a sub-field of the risk team and own that sub-fields operations, threats, and incident responses.
- Track possible security incidents, account takeovers attempts, and attempted stolen assets to find innovative ways to prevent future attacks and losses.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and industry fraud/risk management best practices.
- Work with fraud and risk management to make recommendations, changes, and adjustments to operations, policies, rule engines, and techniques to improve team performance.
- Identify new attack exploits and the modus operandi being used by fraudulent groups, networks, or individuals to target the platform or customers with the goal of our-strategizing and belong one step ahead of them.
WHO ARE YOU?
- An Associates Degree or higher in business, cyber security, risk management, political science, technology fields, computer science, criminal justice, leadership, or a related field that required a high degree of critical thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to critically think through new problems, and identify innovative ways to prevent new problems.
- Have 1+ years of professional work experience in a similar role OR 2+ years of experience in a different role within the e-commerce, technology, payments, digital banking, or FinTech fields.
- Have very strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively on a close knit team.
- Able to be flexible and available to assist managers or team members during high volume situations or events, sometimes after normal office hours.
- Able to successfully complete projects and tasks with minimal supervision and overwatch.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint, Internet Searches, and social media sites like Facebook/Instagram.
- Have an investigative mindset and enjoy trying to solve challenges and puzzles that others think are impossible.
- Experience using a data analytics tool like SQL, Looker, Snowflake, Tableau, or other similar data analytics tools.
- Experience using fraud prevention technologies like LexisNexis, 3DS, Riskified, Accertify, Kount, ThreatMetrix, MaxMind, or other similar technologies.
- Understand basic fraud prevention tactics and terminology like: ATOs, True Fraud, Friendly Fraud, Bot Attack, 2FA, MFA, 3DS, AML, Card Testing.
- Have experience working in the NFT industry or have a personal understanding of NFTs (you buy, collect, or sell NFTs yourself).
- Have experience working with payment processors like Stripe, Circle, BrainTree, Adyen, Checkout.com, Gravity, Paysafe, etc.
- Are available to work any day of the week and are willing to work overtime if needed.
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.