Fraud Prevention Analyst I at FIS (Atlanta, GA)
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review system-generated triggers for potentially fraudulent activity on Merchant Accounts.
- Perform detailed research and investigation on alerts that are generated for potential fraud schemes.
- Analyze/investigate transactional activities and consumer behavior.
- Perform a detailed research on the account using available internal and external resources to confirm your decision.
- Responds to customer product inquiries via telephone or in written internet-based email.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, work independently and make complex investigations decisions.
- Consistently achieve/exceed quality standards for investigations
- Participate in ad hoc projects/assignments as necessary
- Plan, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks within established timeline
- Flexible and receptive to change
- Effectively implement problem solving techniques and innovative ideas that will benefit the operational efficiency of the team.
- Assist the team in preventing fraud and managing losses that will result in a direct benefit to both the company and our customers.
- Identify fraud prevention policies and techniques.
- Report risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management.
- Monitoring, managing and reporting risks within the scope of your work area
- Provide accurate responses to emails and voicemails to ensure customers receive the best service.
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunity.
- Consistently follows standard work processes and documentation requirements. Recommends improvement to work processes to increase efficiency while maintaining quality of work. Continuously improves technical and leadership skills through training and development.
Bachelor's degree in business, criminal justice or other job related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Prior acquiring banking or finance related experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge in programming, business analysis or implementation of software products
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Extremely comfortable working with computers and a variety of applications
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Conducts thorough reviews and investigations of fraudulent applications and/or accounts. Prepares documents to present to internal and external departments. Prepares reports on fraud status for management review. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three years of experience in fraud investigation, law or law enforcement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.