Fraud Business Intelligence at Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The qualified candidate should be able to understand and navigate high levels of ambiguity, be data-driven, and handle multiple projects simultaneously. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about identifying functional and technical alternatives to solve business problems, and proposes business processes and procedure modifications as needed.
What you'll do:
- Partner with stakeholders across the Fraud organization, understand their current and future analytical goals and deliver scalable reporting solutions meeting their needs
- Build and maintain dashboards and control charts to support business decisioning.
- Manage internal and partner fraud related reporting
- Manage loss reporting and fraud loss forecasts. Support capacity planning efforts.
- Use tools and programing methods to build scalable ETL framework that transforms and loads large volume of data to BQ data warehouse
- Work closely with engineers to troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues and maintain high level of data accuracy in analytical data platform
- Provide analysis and insights to inform overall business strategy
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Highly proficient with at least one BI tool: Data Studio, Looker, of Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Expert knowledge in SQL
- Solid understanding of DW design and data modeling
- Experience with one programming language: Python, Java, or Scala, etc.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and visualization skills
- Familiarity with risk or fraud processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively to personnel with varying organizational levels.
- Work closely with the cross functional teams on implementing BI
- Pro-actively maintain regular communications with all Stakeholders.
- Experience researching root cause of issues involving complex internal processes
- High level of intellectual curiosity. Ability to ask the right questions to get a good understanding of the problem.
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)