The Fraud Strategy & Analytics team works cross-functionally with Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, and Operations to combat fraudulent activities and to foster a safe platform.
We're looking for a new team member to help lead our team's fraud monitoring and detection efforts and own critical fraud issues. Additionally, this role will work closely with our cross functional partners to help improve our fraud detection and decisioning systems.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of analysts to monitor fraud across our network and ensure issues raised by other teams are addressed in a timely manner
- Report on fraud trends and loss drivers to cross functional partners and senior management
- Quickly respond to fraud rings and work with our operations team to limit losses
- Assist with development of our fraud monitoring strategy and work together with our operations team to ensure optimal review volumes
- Assist with evaluation and development of new external or internal features/signals to improve our fraud detection capabilities
- Assist with team planning and goal setting as well as coaching and mentorship of more junior team members
What we look for
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum 5 years of experience in Fraud Management or a related field preferred with a prior emphasis on analytics.
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE - Passion to understand how the product works and how to change it to make it more effective
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity
- TECHNICAL SKILLS - Extensive experience writing and analyzing SQL queries and performing analysis using tools such as Python, Notebooks, R, or Excel along with ability to teach technical skills to others
- COMMUNICATION - Ability to build strong cross functional partnerships and work with a diverse range of teams across the organization. Ability to communicate analyses and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- MULTI-TASKING - Strong time management skills and the ability to shift focus on a moment's notice to respond to changes in fraud pressure and tactics
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's degree in a quantitatively rigorous field like engineering, statistics, math, finance, economics desired
- INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE - Working knowledge of the fundamentals of payment processing and an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - 29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.