Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for a Fraud Analyst to join the Risk and Compliance Department here at Candy. We are responsible for keeping our customers safe, and ensuring the Candy Platform remains uncompromised. You will play a leading role in fraud detection as well as fraud prevention for the Candy Platform, ensuring account safety for thousands of users, and millions of dollars in transactions.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Review Customer Accounts for potential cases of fraud.
- Work closely with Risk and Compliance team on proactive prevention strategies.
- Be a thought partner directly with our Head of Fraud and Risk Management on keeping our customers safe.
- Act as an advocate on risk to our product and engineering teams.
- Build reports on Fraud monitoring for senior leadership.
- Protect millions of dollars in transactions from Cyber Threats.
- Communicating with Candy customers to help solve payment issues, complaints, fraud notifications, and security incidents.
- Investigating new fraud trends, synthetic identities, payment disputes (chargebacks), money laundering, fraud networks, and scams.
- Making decisions on refunds, account shutdowns, platform suspensions and bans.
- Using advanced technologies to identify stolen identities, synthetic identities, stolen credit cards, and illegal activities.
- Partnering with teams across the company to help mitigate risk, fraud, and platform abuse.
- Monitor queues, tickets, and alerting systems to quickly stop fraudulent or illegal activity before it happens.
- Providing your managers with recommendations on how to stop new fraud or loss trends based on a data driven approach.
- Will become a subject-matter expert within a sub-field of the risk team, and own that specialties operations, reporting, and incident responses.
- Will track risk incidents, account takeovers, stolen assets, and attempt to find innovative ways to prevent future losses.
- Will keep up-to-date on industry trends + digital fraud and risk management industry innovations and best practices.
- Working with management to make recommendations, changes, and adjustments to operations, policies, and techniques to improve team performance.
- Identifying new attack exploits and modus operandi being used by fraudulent groups or networks to target the platform or customers.
- Supporting your direct team, giving recommendations, and challenging the standards in order to find new ways to improve the teams fraud capture rate.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Have 1+ years of experience in risk/compliance.
- Experience in the tech or gaming industries.
- Experience with manual reviews.
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) or equivalent relevant experience.
- Familiarity in the NFT/Web3.0/Blockchain space.
- Passionate about about Collectables, Sports, Events, or the Metaverse.
- A critical thinker, someone who is eager to make a major impact from day one.
- Are very skilled using Microsoft Excel.
- Have experience using SQL, Python, or other tools like Tableau, Looker, and Snowflake (nice to have).
- Have knowledge of basic digital fraud trends, scams, criminal justice, and online crimes (nice to have).
- Have used or understand how to access the deep-web (nice to have).
- Have some experience in business, tech, customer service, computer science, or have worked at or have interned with a BigTech, Ecommerce, or FinTech company before (nice to have).
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.