We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for an experienced Fraud Analyst to detect fraudulent activity in a fast-paced environment. You will monitor user behavior on a large scale, review real-time transactions, and identify emerging trends in fraud. The Fraud Analyst should be an advocate for our good users, skilled at locating malicious users, and passionate about creating a consistent and positive experience. You will also assist various other trust & safety initiatives, such as handling chargeback investigations, preventing in-game cheating, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor high volumes of real-time transactions and user behavior
- Investigate suspicious activity, and determine the appropriate actions to apply to an account based on your assessment
- Review chargeback disputes, prepare responses and monitor dispute results
- Identify emerging trends in fraud and be able to communicate those effectively to management and engineering
- Maintain high accuracy and adhere to committed service level agreements
- Understand the financial impact of fraud and top trending fraud issues in the community
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the product and marketplace, inside and out
- Independently resolve issues that involve complex investigation or research
- Navigate efficiently between third party and internal tools (such as approved SQL database queries) to retrieve data and produce reports
- Stay informed of all site and policy changes as they occur and be able to enforce them accurately
- Handle escalated situations within the community, partnering with the support team to investigate user inquiries and reinstatement requests
- Leverage problem-solving skills to resolve issues fairly and consistently
- 2-3 years experience in fraud prevention or trust & safety
- Excellent judgment making decisions about complex issues and ability to clearly articulate the reasons that led you to a particular decision
- Flexibility and efficiency in a quick-moving environment
- Ability to locate and analyze subtle patterns within large volumes of user information
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to own multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail, with experience recording notes/documentation and manually tracking data
- Experience reviewing queued transactions and working within fraud tools
- A high level of curiosity and desire to fix the root cause of an issue - you go above and beyond while reviewing fraud to find more related accounts and come up with creative solutions to prevent them from reoccurring
- Schedule flexibility, including some weekend, evening, and holiday coverage
- A passion for the gaming industry and the desire to create a safe and trustworthy environment for players
- Familiarity with SQL and/or data tools (such as Excel, Looker, or BigQuery)
- Experience using fraud tools and ticketing systems
- Experience working in gaming, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and/or online marketplaces
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.