We are looking for FP&A Analyst to support our growing FP&A team and to be a strategic business partner to our Sales organization who is passionate about making an impact at a fast-growing company. You will build out and support ongoing planning and reporting needs, as well as advise on strategic departmental decisions with actionable financial insights. This is a key position within FP&A as we strive to become a world-class finance organization and be a value-creating, customer-focused partner in driving business results. You will own our commission payment calculations, perform sales performance & attainment reporting, revenue analysis and drive budgeting & forecasting for the Sales team.
This role will work in close collaboration with the finance, sales, and operations organizations, and requires strong partnership and communication skills. The candidate must have an appetite for process improvements and efficiencies, strong analytical abilities, and exceptional attention to detail. This position is ideally suited for someone passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our business and GTM strategy and using your insights to drive continued improvement in our sales processes, as well as own ad hoc analysis for special projects across the organization.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you…
- Be a strategic business partner to the Sales organization by providing critical reporting and actionable insights rooted in financial and data analysis
- Facilitate annual planning and rolling forecasting processes for the Sales team. Support creation of budgets and forecasts for bookings, KPIs, and divisional expenses
- Responsible for regular reporting on performance against top-line KPIs and variance to budget
- Support and evolve expense side planning for Sales organization, with a deep understanding of headcount capacity planning and unit economics
- Partner closely with Revenue Ops to monitor and track sales rep performance & compensation, capacity needs, cost of acquisition
- Calculate and report sales performance and commission / incentive award payments for Sales and other Go To Market teams on a monthly basis
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all commission plans across the sales organization and be able to effectively communicate calculations and rationale
- Participate in creating and rolling out new quota plans, reporting guidelines, and other internal documentation, and develop forecast models to quantify impact of various sales compensation plans
- Proactively identify opportunities for change, process improvement, and system enhancements
A background like this helps
- Analytical experience in financial planning, business analysis or sales operations
- Strong Excel skills
- Prior SaaS and commission structure experience, with a deep understanding of SaaS metrics
- Excellent reporting skills with ability to not only gather the appropriate data, but also glean insight to improve the performance of the company’s operations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Preferred Systems skills in Salesforce, Adaptive, and /or Netsuite, with experience in cloud-based financial systems to calculate and analyze commissions
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.