Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr’s Foundation Group is expanding and we need smart, capable folks to help us transform the way we design, deliver and manage our data. We are growing our infrastructure team and are hiring for an experienced Database Reliability Engineer to help us manage and scale different types of relational and document-based databases, and help engineering teams at Checkr to design/model highly performant databases and queries.
- Implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of database systems in production and staging environments
- Database performance tuning for high availability, replication, backups, and general optimization
- Implementation of security best practices for databases
- Support the development and deployment of new services and systems
- Work closely with our SRE team and improve observability (alerting, metrics, monitoring) of database infrastructure
- Take part in incident response, diagnosis and follow-up on system outages or alerts across Checkr’s production infrastructure
What you bring:
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts and working experience with storage systems and architectures
- Advanced level of experience with Postgres, MySQL, and Mongo database administration and replication topologies at scale
- Experience working with cloud databases such as RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticCache, MongoDB Atlas
- Solid people skills and ability to guide software engineers through database best practices with regards to security, schema design, and migrations at scale
- Experience working with Infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and Cloudformation
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $133,663-$157,250.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.