[Foundations] Senior Data Analyst at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Senior Data Analyst
- You’ll be the go-to data analytics specialist at the company, and will help bridge the gap between understanding business needs and knowing how to craft efficient, usable data models.
- Lead the application and development of data models that support flexible querying and data visualization
- Work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- Build aggregate datasets using ELT principles that underlay insights and visualizations; have a strong point of view on what data to prioritize
- Build reliable and reusable data products that service analysts and non-technical stakeholders
- Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback
- Train and mentor employees on best practices for data modeling
- Document data requirements and processes to bring transparency and ensure data integrity with privacy by design
- Dive deep into available data using SQL, Python, Looker, or other data analysis tools in your vast toolbox
- Design and build dashboards to share key metrics with stakeholders
- Have 5+ years working as an analytics engineer, data engineer, or data analyst working with engineering workflows
- Experience in managing databases, including relational database architecture, query optimization, and database schema design.
- Expertise with data modeling via SQL transformation
- Experience with full data stack including Snowflake (cloud computing), DBT, Airflow, Looker/Tableau
- Passion for data origins, integrity, accuracy, and storytelling
- A strong understanding of data quality testing
- Interface with internal data science, engineering and data consumer teams to understand the data needs.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $124,100-$146,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.