We are building the world's largest in-home care system.
Healthcare is rapidly moving into the home, creating an enormous market opportunity that’s growing daily as consumers increasingly demand more convenient healthcare options.
Technology is the engine that powers our foundation. It ensures we can reach massive scale and drives differentiation from any other healthcare company entering this space. We’re using data to ensure patient safety and tailor the care to patients’ specific needs which allows for better care delivery from patient onboarding, patient care, and post care follow-up.
DispatchHealth is a Series D startup with more than $400m in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We’re backed by Oak, Tiger Global, Alta Partners, Optum Ventures, Questa Capital, ad EchoHealth Ventures.How You'll Make an Impact
As a data scientist on the Operations team, you will own the development of creative and novel solutions to address a variety of critical business problems. The primary responsibility of this role will be helping us to iterate on and build new forecasting models, enhancing our capabilities to predict future demand across 40+ markets over different time intervals. You will have to think about questions such as: How do we handle series that have different amounts of data? How can we share information between more mature markets and newer/less-developed markets? How should we think about seasonality given the impact of COVID-19? You will also have the opportunity to work on other Operations problems, e.g. how can we optimally construct the daily shift schedules in a market to maximize certain KPIs? You will work closely with the other analysts and data scientists on the Operations team, as well as have ample opportunities to collaborate with data scientists and engineers in other parts of the organization.
We are seeking someone with significant experience in Python; while you will generally have the freedom to choose your modeling tools, it will be necessary to integrate with our current codebase which is Python-based. Additionally, we are looking for someone with deep familiarity with SQL, as you will often have to pull and wrangle raw data as the first step in your analyses.
Further, we are looking for someone who is a strong communicator. Data and analytical insights are only valuable when they can be effectively communicated and become the focal point for action across the entire company. It will be important that you not just collate the right data, but also rally cross-functional teams to implement changes to the business.
In addition to communication, it is important that all work and efforts are documented in a concise and consistent manner. As our organization grows, it is important to effectively document our procedures and processes for dissemination across the entire organization.
Finally, this is a role for someone who wants to help grow a company that makes an immensely positive impact. DispatchHealth is one of the few organizations in healthcare that achieves the tripartite aim of improving patient outcomes, improving experiences, and lowering costs. You will be part of a small team that brings that product to the world at large.
- Build, test, and iterate upon models and other analytic solutions to solve complex forecasting and optimization problems.
- Collaborate with business owners, understand business objectives, and use data to generate actionable insights.
- Develop dashboards and data architecture that allows for real-time reporting.
- Work with the corporate analytics team to digest, collate, and interpret a diverse set of quantitative indicators to determine the appropriate strategies on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical modeling and related ML frameworks (e.g. Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow, SparkML); a strong preference for applicants with prior time series forecasting experience.
- 3+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis using Python and SQL.
- Experience with git-based version control.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to think strategically about business goals.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team situated across the country.
- Experience in healthcare is not required but preferred.
Reporting to Spencer Kline, VP of Growth and Operations Efficiency
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
- Lisa Lebovici
- Anders Hur
- Health insurance coverage
- Mental health benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
Location: Remote, USA
The salary pay range for this position in Colorado is $90,000-$120,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
DispatchHealth is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].
To see our Employee Privacy Notice, please see here: https://www.dispatchhealth.com/employee-privacy-notice/