Financial Planning & Analysis Business Intelligence Analyst – Remote
Invitae is a rapidly growing, technology-driven company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life. Invitae is an open, title-free company that operates as a meritocracy.
Invitae is seeking a motivated and results-oriented candidate to join our FP&A team as a Business Intelligence Analyst. This position will report to the Corporate & Commercial FP&A Leader and be a key player in the development of the annual business plan and quarterly recast processes, internal reporting and analysis of financials and key performance indicators, trending analysis, and financial modeling. The position will also partner with Invitae and FP&A’s data engineering staff to help support the broader data and analytic transformation of the FP&A team, collaborating with the Head of Finance Business Intelligence. This individual will interact with all levels of the company and provide direct financial support to senior management and the extended leadership teams while developing strong collaborative relationships in the process.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control of the annual budget.
- Prepares periodic financial reporting packages and analyses used by management to make key business decisions.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Conducts quantitative analyses of information affecting budgets, expenses, and other financial projects.
- Develops a deep understanding of the business goals/objectives to understand the root causes of variances and provide insightful, fact-based data analysis and scenario modeling to assist the Company with achieving financial targets.
- Secures information from relational databases as needed to support team objectives
- Helps to translate and ensure a clear connection between the objectives of the FP&A team and the capabilities of Invitae’s data engineering and data science staff in and outside of FP&A
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in depth evaluation of multiple data sets to combine and analyze data.
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the company as well as business partners to guide business decisions.
- Advanced Excel skills to deal with large data sets in order to develop models and provide financial analysis that helps with decision-making.
- Works on special projects and provide ad hoc analysis as directed.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of FP&A or related experience.
- BA/BS required in Finance, Accounting, or related field, MBA a plus.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, financial modeling and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, familiarity with Tableau
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with python and/or other general-purpose programming languages a plus
- Experience developing business cases including NPV analysis.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present financial information to all levels of management; provide meaningful recommendations and influence decision-making.
- Must operate with minimal guidance to identify issues and resolve complex problems.
- Skilled at working through ambiguity and adaptable to a growing and rapidly changing environment.
- Focus on continuous improvement and demonstrated ability to improve efficiency over time.
- Experience working in the life sciences industry, particularly within the diagnostic sector is a plus.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.