Failure Analysis Lead at Tricentis (Remote)
With the industry’s #1 Continuous Testing platform, Tricentis is recognized for reinventing software testing for DevOps. Through agile test management and advanced test automation optimized to support 150+ technologies, we provide automated insight into the business risks of your software releases—transforming testing from a roadblock to a catalyst for innovation. The result is accelerated software delivery speed, improved cost efficiency, and reduced business risk.
Tricentis is the only vendor to achieve “leader” status in all three top analyst reports (i.e., the “Triple Crown.”) This honor is based on our technical leadership, innovation, and a Global 2000 customer base of 1500+ companies, including global enterprises such as Allianz, ANZ Bank, Cisco, Dolby, Experian, First Data, HSBC, Merck, Office Depot, Samsung, Swiss Re, Starbucks, Telstra, UBS, Vodafone, Whole Foods, and WorldPay. Customers rely on Tricentis to achieve and sustain test automation rates of over 90 percent—increasing risk coverage while accelerating testing to keep pace with Agile and DevOps.
Tricentis has a global presence in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, Poland, United States, and the UK.Job Description
Testing is core to Tricentis and as a Failure Analysis Lead, you will be a key member in the R&D organization using our own tools to test our own software products as well as using specialized testing tools. You will perform frequent and in-depth monitoring and failure analysis. An ideal candidate will have creativity and the ability to think like a user. You are also not a stranger to coding as an automation mindset is a minimum expectation. Speed changes everything!
You’ll be responsible for:
Test Requirement Analysis :
- Create/modify/review Master Test Strategy documents for large engagements.
- Create/update/review Test Estimations, Project/ Sprint Planning effort.
- Leverage previous project experience/learning like Retrospection Report, Lesson Learnt for better requirement analysis.
- Review architecture & design work products by adopting White Box testing techniques to identify defects by leveraging predefined checklist and cognizant solution accelerators(if any).
Test Design Techniques (Design principles/tools/patterns) :
- Review the test scenarios and seek review as required. Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them.
- Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
- Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
- Support the team/ client in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
- Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
- Upload the test cases.
- Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
- Prepare test lab for test execution.
- Seek sign off from the client at various stages of the cycle as required.
Coding Practices & Defect Management :
- Posses holistic view of quality Domain, User experience, Black box, White box testing.
- Able to estimate and commit task level effort and deliver activities on time.
- Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
- Effective technical communication by participating in architectural/design reviews.
- Speak the developer language.
- Support Quality Assurance goals.
- Adhere to all customer standards, policies and governance practices.
- Comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases.
- Involvement with development teams, architects early in the project life cycle to identify the dependencies on architecture design, low level design components & coding standards, test data dependencies, environment dependencies etc.
Test Execution (Automation/Specialized testing) :
- Design & implement best in class automation framework based on AUT.
- Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
- Prepare Test summary Report and share the same for review/ Review the test results/test reports submitted by the test analyst.
- Capture lessons learnt and the best practices adopted.
- Periodically generate metrics based on the audience.
- Review metrics to identify areas for process optimization.
- Create robust test automation scripts.
- Web Services Design the Web Services testing framework.
- DevOps Define, deploy & monitoring metrics configuration.
- Has expert knowledge of multithreading & other QE tools & technology.
- Discussion with the development, release & deployment team stakeholders to make go no go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
- Possess specialist knowledge on continuous integration/deployment & delivery using industry best tools & technologies.
- Perform frequent monitoring & failure analysis will be done.
- Perform script fixing for any errors/issues.
- Status is shared to onsite across all teams.
- Frequent Optimization /Maintenance.
Technology consulting Research & analysis :
- Participate in quality, design decisions for automations, stability, usability & scalability of application under test.
- Code quality, coverage & productivity analysis to ensure all areas of program are exercised by test suites.
- Mentor/coach the team to create knowledge artefacts (eg collaterals, reusable assets) to drive knowledge management.
- Improvise already existing processes based on the experience.
Project, Configuration & release Management :
- Review the daily deliverables and share it with the stakeholders appropriately.
- Create and share weekly status reports and daily status reports with relevant stakeholders.
8+ years of experience working in Quality Assurance, automation testing and performing automation testing
- Deep software and infrastructure architecture skills
- Strong knowledge of testing tools
- Proven understanding of different architectures like Cloud, Hybrid, Event driven, Microservices/Web services, MVC, P2P, Monolith application, data centric, client-server and much more
- Proven experience with implementing automation tools and efficiently measuring metrics
- Strong knowledge of automation tools like Selenium, Tosca, Katalon, Cucumber
- Status Reporting, Test Readiness Reviews and Post-Implementation Reviews as appropriate
- Team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others
- Proven track record of being results oriented with the ability to achieve aggressive goals
- Experience with DevOps practices and Cloud platforms
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Strong hands on experience using JIRA for more than 5 years
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization and the ability to build strong business and team relationships
- Well-organized and able to structure, analyze, and answer major business questions, balancing multiple requests and competing priorities
- Self-directed, proactive and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
Why join Tricentis.… BECAUSE CULTURE IS EVERYTHING
- Growth & People-Centered Leadership
- Fun Work Environment & Great Teams
- Problem Solving, Innovation & Education
- Flexible working hours (no core time)
- Medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Company-paid holidays and volunteer days
- Attractive salary plus bonus
- Professional & personal development
- Favorable working atmosphere in a rapidly expanding company
Do you want to jump on board and help build/ignite Tricentis dev/tester community and expand our ecosystem? JOIN US! This will be fun.
Tricentis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran.