CCC Intelligent Solutions Inc. is the technology platform for the P&C insurance economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries - insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more - to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC's network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020, 2021 & 2022. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC's success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC's tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 6 locations worldwide and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CCCIS). Find out more about CCC Intelligent Solutions by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Estimate Automation Analyst will combine their knowledge of vehicle construction and collision damage with data analysis, research, creativity, thought-synthesis, and collaboration to help decompose the broad estimating problems-space into discrete solvable problems. This position requires critical thinking, the ability to simplify a subject matter for all audiences, context switching between workstreams, and the ability to shift focus between big picture and small details. This is a remote position.
- Researches discrete topics related to vehicle damage estimating such as situations and cases under which specific repair techniques are used.
- Analyzes estimate data, part catalog and repair procedures and other inputs to prepare recommendations for approaches to solving challenges in estimating.
- Collaborates with team of subject matter experts to discuss and deliberate approaches for documenting vehicle damage to arrive at consensus recommendations.
- Uses specialized software tooling to document vehicle construction factors useful to authoring vehicle damage estimating.
- Tracks status and outcome of research activities in a work item tracking database used by the team.
- Communicates effectively with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Performs research and analysis on how to solve domain-specific topics with many available inputs from AI predictions and algorithms
- Drives assigned tasks to completion while providing transparency on status
- Help define behavior for custom internal software tools to collect, author, and publish data
- Attend meetings prepared to review research results
- Groom and prepare datasets using Excel that illustrate problems or solutions
- Switch between tasks and research activities to ensure forward progress
- Avoid getting blocked or stuck on a single problem
- Promotes and maintains a positive work environment based on trust and respect
- 5+ years' estimator experience in the automotive collision repair industry
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle construction and the collision damage repair and estimating processes to include researching repair procedures
- Experience as a licensed estimator/appraiser
- Understanding of the insurance appraisal process, and best practices for damage estimating
- Hands on experience with collision estimating software, with a proven record of creating thorough and accurate estimates for consumers
- I-CAR and/or ASE training and certification are beneficial
- Proactive, with a bias towards action
- Detail oriented
- Organized thinker that seeks to structure and rationalize information but can operate with some ambiguity
- Uses mix of analysis, critical thinking, and creativity to solve problems
- Wants to make a difference and is motivated by delivering value to customers in the form of product
ABOUT THE COMPANY'S COMMITMENT TO ITS EMPLOYEES:
CCC Intelligent Solutions employees are part of an inclusive culture that brings together diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our team is defined by our values of: Integrity, Customer-Focus, Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, and Tenacity. Together, we help our clients and each other achieve new goals.
CCC is committed to providing employees with opportunities to advance their careers and skillsets. CCC team members receive access to training and education reimbursement is available.
CCC offers competitive compensation and generous benefits. Health insurance, PTO, 401K, are just some of the benefits available to team members. CCC's top priority is the health and safety of our clients and our staff, which is why we have expanded our remote work benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Qualified job candidates will be interviewed by phone and video. Dependent upon role and responsibilities, new hires will be eligible for remote work immediately, with all necessary office equipment provided upon start date.
Each team member plays an important role in the company's success and each team member has a voice. CCC employee engagement and job satisfaction ratings consistently exceed industry norms - underscoring the value CCC places on its employees.