Engineering Manager - Matching Intent at Uber
Millions of people request rides around the world every second. Matching tech evaluates over a billion possible rider/driver pairings every single day, taking into account real-world factors like traffic jams, ETAs, and more.
Have you ever opened the Uber Rides app and been frustrated that surge was too high, or maybe even worse, there were no drivers available? Have you requested a ride and not been prepared for a high wait time?
The Matching Intent team is tasked with creating unique rider and driver experiences that make ordering a ride more reliable and convenient.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with large scale backend or mobile software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals
- 2+ years of experience directly managing a large engineering team
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
- Strong product focus and acumen.
- Ability to derive data driven insights
- Ability to formulate team vision and roadmap
- Experience with ios or android mobile development.
- Experience running 10+ person team in a delivery-focused environment.
- Proven ability to develop other strong engineers into senior engineers, operating and leading their own initiatives with high impact.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.