Educator, Data Scientist at BrainStation (Miami, FL)
About the Role
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, offering a 12-week bootcamp program in Data Science. BrainStation is currently hiring a Data Science professional to teach our program through online and in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators are given the unique opportunity to teach, research, and further develop their skills, while teaching in a dynamic, project-based setting.
- Teach our 12-week Data Science Diploma program
- Help build a world class technical team passionate about designing and teaching
- Deliver lectures and provide expert technical guidance to students who are building exciting projects using the most cutting-edge technologies
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos and mentor the next wave of emerging talent
- Co-create BrainStation’s curriculum that will positively impact the lives and careers of hundreds of individuals across our campuses
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date design skills to our students
- Apply BrainStation’s “Agile Education” methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
- 3-5+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Analytics professional and a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the subject matter OR 8+ years work experience in the vocation
- Strong command of querying and programming languages (SQL, R and python - numpy, pandas, sklearn, TensorFlow & Keras), and visualization tools (Excel, Tableau, matplotlib/seaborn/plotly in python packages
- Experience applying various methods of numerical and categorical modelling techniques and supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods (OLS regression and GLMs, logistic regression, KNN, SVM, decision trees/random forest, clustering and cluster analysis, dimensionality reduction, neural networks)
- Hands-on development experience working with version control systems (we use Git) and Big Data and Cloud platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP)) a strong asset regression and machine learning principles
- Practical experience designing and applying data science processes to conduct experiments using a variety of tools and methods, and can speak to their complexities in a simple and logical manner
- Experience building and leading technical teams
- Experience in a teaching role, and are comfortable speaking to large groups and mentoring others on the job
- A strong work ethic with the utmost integrity and desire to excel and succeed
- An empathetic, inclusive, enthusiastic personality, and is someone who enjoys helping others and facilitating learning
- A passion for teaching and mentoring others and creating positive learning experiences
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits Package
- Retirement Planning
- Parental Leave Program
- New Device Allowance
- Socials, Outings & Retreats
- Culture of Learning & Development
- Flexible Working Hours
- Work from Home Flexibility
Established in 2012, BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training and workforce transformation. BrainStation has worked with digital leaders from the most innovative companies in the world, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital education that has empowered more than 100,000+ professionals.
Bonus: Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning and that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.