Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics at Visa
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The person for this position can be located in New York, NY, Ashburn, VA, Washington, DC, Miami, FL, Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest Issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
The VCA team is looking for a Director to join our consulting practice and play a role developing high impact projects for Visa’s Issuer clients in the North America region. We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter and highly motivated individual who would like to work in an intellectually & professionally challenging environment and can deliver projects for Visa clients in the banking and payment’s domain to promote sustainable and profitable growth.
Potential engagements could include payments strategy, product development, program launch, customer acquisition, customer life cycle optimization, retention enhancement, benchmark analysis, profitability enhancement etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Developing trusted advisor relationships with client senior executives through impactful consulting engagements.
· Leading simultaneous client consulting engagement teams including initial client sales, problem disaggregation and planning, and quality assurance of final deliverables.
· Actively engage with clients and Visa client leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions; nurture and lead a pipeline of work with clients.
· Manage internal and external project team members and assume responsibility for project budgets, including contributing to annual and longer-term consulting sales and delivery targets.
· Understand our clients’ business objectives, needs, plans etc. in collaboration with the Account Management team and proactively identify opportunities and improvements to grow the business of our clients
· Leads/assists with business development, suggesting potential solutions that fits clients’ needs, writing and presenting proposals and understanding the operational components tied to forecasting and recognizing revenue.
· Lead the delivery of analytics solutions and data insights together with our Data Science team and manage project costs to agreed budgets and timeframes and ensure high standard of delivery
· Partner with peers in other functional areas (marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
· Develop and propose appropriate frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
· Effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
· Leverage Visa’s innovation, product and data capabilities to further grow our clients’ business by working together with the sales and product teams as well as the Visa Innovation and Data Sciences team
· Support Visa Consulting and Analytics practice development by developing thought leadership, building new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA.
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization. This role will report into a client leading Sr. Director within VCA.
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• 12+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 9 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 4+years of experience with a PhD
• Demonstrated senior level experience in corporate and business strategy / management consulting roles; with proven project deliveries and expertise in consulting methodologies
• Executive presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations.
• Exposure to retail banking and/or payment card industry business is a plus.
• Validated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
• Excellent analytical skill set with an ability to think strategically, ability to frame customer’s opportunity in financial terms, challenge the status quo, and provide recommendations
• Excellent project management skills given that this role involves managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey complex analytics and technical information
• Excellent client relationship management, meeting and facilitation skills (on senior executive level and across all levels of an organization) and ability to develop a credible point of view on a variety of industry topics, acting as a trusted advisor and show thought leadership
• Strong sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
• Knowledge of data analytics and financial modelling methodologies and tools and the use of data insights for business growth in a digital and technology-driven environment
• Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision; proactive self-starter seeking initiatives to advance
• Technology/Digitally-savvy and an understanding of consumer economics/behavior, trends and applications
• Curiosity & willingness to learn and develop as a professional – high levels of integrity and business ethics
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, able to work effectively in matrixed organization.Additional Information
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.