Join VillageMD as a Director, VBC Data Implementation
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. This platform provides the foundation for our digital front door through which we’re creating a more accessible, personalized patient experience which includes telehealth, connected devices, and remote patient monitoring capabilities among many others.
Our technology solutions are 100% cloud-native and designed with elasticity, automation, and with API-first principles. Security is at the core of our operating mentality and is native to our investment thesis when procuring technology and deploying solutions.
Could VillageMD’s next Vice President of Enterprise Applications, be you?
As a Senior Director within Enterprise Technology, you will be a leader within the Technology organization here at VillageMD. You will be accountable for the strategy, enterprise solution architecture, and overall performance of our enterprise applications, inclusive of Tableau, HRIS, ERP, Claims Adjudication, collaboration (SharePoint & Jira), service operations (ServiceNow), and business intelligence solution administration, to name a few.
We are looking for a senior level leader who will guarantee the quality and successful delivery of all technology applications as well as design enterprise architecture for a hyper-growth organization. You will work cross-functionally with members of VillageMD’s business functions such as Analytics, Finance, HR, Delegated Services, and Contact Center, as well as the sub-departments within the IT organization. This position is accountable for support of all functional and technical automated applications and business processes that drive employee, corporate and back-office services of VillageMD. This highly visible role plans, manages, influences, and advises all activities relating to business solution projects to ensure that strategic goals are accomplished and provides leadership and technical expertise for improvements and/or replacement of existing systems.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges and opportunities:
- Enterprise partnership with key business and technology customers in the delivery of critical technology initiatives to meet our collective business goals.
- Build, lead and implement business strategy. Stay abreast of industry trends as well as VillageMD’s business strategy & goals with the ultimate goal of defining and evolving our technology strategies and roadmaps
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the corporation from reliability, security & regulatory risks that impact employee and enterprise platforms.
- Accountable and responsible for all production maintenance and repair applications including 24x7 support and that systems are stable, reliable and available for business use. This includes development of new strategic and functional capability leveraging innovative technologies within VillageMD’s evolving architecture standards and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of new business capabilities.
- Be responsible for creating a formalized enterprise architecture model as well as socialize the merits of these concepts to adjacent teams within IT.
- Develop, empower and lead a hard-working team of engineers, technical experts and leaders.
- Lead strategic partner relationships critical to the delivery and support of customer technology platforms.
- Finds opportunity for business transformation through the application of technology and automation of business processes across the enterprise.
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD Sr. Director of Enterprise Applications, you will bring:
- The appropriate mix of tactical and strategic thinking for addressing the current needs of the business while maintaining focus on the future enterprise vision.
- 5-10 years of enterprise application experience, inclusive of ERP; HRIS; collaboration tools such as Sharepoint, JIRA, ServiceNow; administration of key applications such as Tableau, SAS, and various supporting database platforms
- Deep expertise in data integration capabilities, from ETL and ELT to real-time service bus architectures supporting major enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of master data management and how this architecture drives value within a scaling enterprise
- A strong mastery of project management skills as well as the ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances that may arise through the normal course of a project.
- A well-versed background in “build vs. buy” scenarios, knowing when to choose which path, and the implications these choices have on the strategic growth of the department and the business
- A sense of innovation and simplification towards existing and new processes within the technology organization to support 10x growth in the coming years.
Experience to drive scale and customer experience
- 15+ years of senior leadership experience in information technology in a rapid growth environment or large Fortune 100 organization
- Demonstrable success in owning enterprise application initiatives across all major aspects of the business (HR, Marketing, Finance, Operations)
- Extraordinary collaboration skills to support of dyad model for clinical and operational excellence
- Senior management level communication skills that bring together various groups within Information Technology as well as from across the business to ensure repeatable results
- Maintains a focus on strategic management principles of generating enterprise value and delivering on key objectives
- Demonstrates a sense of frugality and understands the efficiencies that come from being resourceful and innovative in approach.
- Proven and relevant industry partnerships with professional contacts, organizations, and trusted advisors to enhance service and capability delivery
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $140,000 to $170,000. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.