Director, Operations Analytics (Call Center) at Upgrade, Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1300 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Director of Business Analytics & Reporting will be a key leader for Upgrade at the Phoenix Service Center, helping to develop and lead the strategy and execution of the business reporting and analytics program. This is a high-visibility role with direct interaction and partnership with various teams and stakeholders. This role will work closely with multiple business leaders and partners to understand and interpret relevant data to support their day-to-day operations as well as to support strategic initiatives and capabilities. This role will lead a team responsible for connecting the dots between data and performance that helps support the business and drive our growth through a compelling story supported by analytics. The ideal candidate will have experience building out data definitions, and in rolling out and scaling business intelligence and reporting in financial services.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate across the Phoenix Service Center leadership team to ensure the business analytics & reporting team develops meaningful reporting and insights, and can translate data that helps drive the business operations growth and needs
- Partner with leaders in advancing the analysis and reporting agenda, focused on insights delivery in areas around operational efficiency, quality enhancements, etc.
- Help identify and define operational improvements, strategic opportunities, and other initiatives across the business/operations
- Partner with leaders across the business to build buy-in and engagement around the established direction and objective of establishing a reporting strategy that balances the need for automation and self-service
- Develop, define, report, and monitor key management metrics around the health of an operations program
- Deliver reporting and analytics to help the business operate more effectively, understand what business questions need to be answered and how to unlock the data to get the answers
- Manage executive level reports and dashboards clearly communicating insights and recommendations
- Develop a deep understanding of systems and processes in order to extract insights from existing data
- Develop insights-based presentations from analytics and present to internal stakeholders
- Develop methods to unlock information held in disparate systems and derive processes to generate lessons learned and better business outcomes
- Create a single source of truth by partnering with technology to ensure data is aggregated from multiple sources efficiently and accurately
- Enable confidence in the data by providing actionable insights from the accuracy of the data, fostering opportunities for efficiency gains, and by introducing solutions to scale current operations
- Drive improved data quality and consistency across all data solutions in the business
- Maintain a high-performance team and work environment enabling operational objectives and acquisition/retention of people resources
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of the leadership team and business partners
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building statistical models and translating and communicating insights into actionable business recommendations
- A focus on Financial Services/experience supporting banking operations preferred
- 3+ years of experience leading other people
- Demonstrated experience in building business intelligence functions at scale, with the ability to anticipate and get in front of potential roadblocks
- Strong business acumen and application of data and insights to business strategy
- Competent in the use of data technology to solve complex business problems, and must be willing and able to provide hands-on expertise in the use of multiple Business Intelligence toolsets and database platforms
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Programming ability (SQL at a minimum)
- Knowledge and experience with various analytical and statistical methodologies
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across the organization
- Ability to operate as a consultant with proven ability to manage high profile data insights and reporting initiatives
- Excellent communication, partnership, and presentation skills
Nice to have:
- BA / BS in a quantitative field; advanced study a plus
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.