We're looking for a committed , driven professional to join our Growth Strategy and International leadership teams. You will be responsible for setting and operationalizing our international strategy working closely with a large cross-functional team. You'll be responsible for driving the quantitative and qualitative analysis needed to support key international growth initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset bolstered by outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with clients.
What You'll Do
- Set strategic course and GTM strategy for expanding our business internationally, including but not limited to assessing market opportunities and conditions, ensuring product market fit, and ultimately achieving multi year goals
- Partner closely with our product and engineering teams to develop country level business strategies and prioritize new product features required to win in each market
- Partner cross-functionally with teams including Product, Finance, Merchant Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit, Capital Markets, Client Success, Data Science and Partnerships
- Build thoughtful and succinct memos and presentations to communicate our strategy and progress of programs and products related to the team's key work-streams
- Demonstrate deep market knowledge and internal data insights to identify and evaluate, open-ended questions and present findings in a clear and concise manner to cross-functional team members
- Become an authority in the global retail POS financing and ancillary services space
- Lead and mentor the growth of a team of analysts dedicated to our international strategy and go to market initiatives.
What We Look For
- Passion and strive to redefine both the retail and lending industry for the better!
- 10+ years of proven track record of developing, refining and executing strategies to grow businesses, ideally through a combination of strategy consulting and fintech strategy experienc e
- Experience developing and executing geographic expansion plans
- Experience managing and mentoring team members
- Track record of optimally driving projects from end to end (from building strategy to execution)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - written, verbal, and graphic - are a must
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and manage timelines/results effectively
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted, and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to drive strategic analysis, interpret results, and frame recommendations
- Good proven understanding of analytical tools. Preferred proficiency with Excel, SQL, Looker, Tableau preferred
- Provide and be receptive to constructive feedback
- Standout colleague - you go out of your way to help teammates; you win when the team wins!
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.