Join VillageMD as a Director, Healthcare Analytics in Chicago, IL, Houston, TX or Richmond, VA (Open to Remote)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences. Our analytics approach is focused on creating actionable insights that support providers to drive improvements in cost, quality and the experience of their patients.
As a Director, Healthcare Analytics, you will be central to our model and overall organizational success. Leveraging data to derive the advanced analytical insights from multiple data sources to drive business decisions, you will enable the execution of business strategies and measure business and clinical results and outcomes. While this role has direct-line accountability for a team and you will provide mentorship, guidance and development to analysts by leading highly complex projects and consulting with market leaders to develop solutions.
What are examples of work that a Director, Healthcare Analytics will do at VillageMD?
- Build relationships with senior level operations leadership to understand multifaceted business problems and develop analytical solutions to complex issues
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders in key business areas including patient attribution and risk stratification to target high risk patients for care management programs
- Be independently accountable for generating analytical insights in certain healthcare specialties and/or for applying the insights in local VillageMDmarkets
- Own the process of monitoring performance in value based contracts across multiple payers
- Function as a senior level coach and mentor to analysts; ensure quality results
- Mine patient and healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical claims data, pharmacy claims data and clinical data from electronic medical records, to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Build and continuously monitor reports and dashboards to track key healthcare quality and efficiency metrics by physician
- Provide direction in the development of proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models
- Develop business and technical requirements for database and system development
What will make you successful here?
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; can work autonomously with limited direction
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Analytical: strong research, writing, analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in an analytical, reporting or data management role in the healthcare industry
- Examples of end accountability for results; has owned a large scale analytics initiative with ownership of success or failure
- Skilled in effectively interfacing with senior level business and clinical leadership
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Proven achievement in putting data into practice and successfully engaging business partners to drive change
- Record of leading successful complex analytics projects along the spectrum of support
- Experienced in mentoring analyst to provide guidance and insight into understanding data and complex business problems
- Ability to autonomously manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
- Proficiency in one or more computer programming language; experience with a statistical programming software such as SAS or R preferred
- Understanding of managed care and value based provider contracting.
- Experience with Medicare Advantage and drivers for success in quality and risk adjustment.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.