Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About you and the role
Zipline is looking for an experienced development professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our Global Health Partnerships team as the Director of Global Development. You will be responsible for cultivating relationships with foundations, corporations, and philanthropists to close revenue and strategic partnerships that support use case and program development to grow Zipline’s utilization across health systems.
What you’ll do
- Lead fundraising efforts for Zipline logistics services and healthcare delivery programs in Africa and other emerging markets in the form of grants and donations from foundations, corporations, and CSR organizations
- Drive an effective development process; actively prospect and rigorously qualify new partnership opportunities and manage a pipeline from pitch to close
- Build and own meaningful relationships with key stakeholders at foundations and corporations and with aligned NGO implementing partners
- Innovate new partnership models that allow Zipline to showcase its capabilities and increase its relevance with influencers in the global health community
- Design and execute account plans and strategies for all target and existing accounts
- Craft tailored content, including presentations, proposals, and custom ROI analyses
- Effectively communicate the benefits of Zipline’s service to prospective partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design strategies that align with go-to-market and impact objectives, particularly in Africa, and ensure programs are appropriately supported from an operational perspective to launch and scale
- Ensure proper forecasting, measurement, and reporting on program findings both externally with partners and internally across Zipline
- Follow developments in public health, including new project and grant activity, and communicate learned information internally to key stakeholders
- Grow and scale Zipline’s Global Development function as needed to fulfill business objectives
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years’ experience winning major gifts, closing large ($1M+) partnership deals, grants, and/or unrestricted funds; prior experience in the co-creation of healthcare programs preferred
- Prior experience in public health, healthcare and/or supply chain
- Exposure to both large scale and smaller, rapidly scaling businesses preferred
- Experience managing multiple large, complex opportunities simultaneously
- Collaborative approach that includes working with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive stakeholder mapping, develop relationships with C-level external stakeholders, and maintain a network of relationships to promote strong external partnerships
- Self-sufficiency, flexibility and confidence, with a preference for autonomously owning activities that drive revenue
- Strategic and creative mindset: able to assess situations from multiple viewpoints to identify opportunities and create proposals that align with partners’ strategies and goals
- Entrepreneurial mindset: motivation to meaningfully influence the build-out of a go-to-market function in a rapidly evolving space
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Ability to travel: up to 50% domestic and global travel
Location: New York, NY; Washington, DC; South San Francisco, CA; or remote
What else you need to know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!