Director of Database Modernization at Yugabyte (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:15 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 9, 2022
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build the default database for cloud-native applications in a multi-cloud world. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open-source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. And the best is yet to come! We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
YugabyteDB is already deployed in production by Fortune 100 companies and startups alike. Yugabyte Cloud is our new fully-managed database service that aims to make YugabyteDB more accessible and to bring our battle-tested database to the rest of the world.
Yugabyte is looking for a passionate individual to lead our Advanced Technology Services, Database Modernization Practice (DMM). This individual will bring significant industry and consultative experience along with proven leadership skills to a growing team of highly accomplished professionals. DMM partners with Yugabyte customers in their database migration or refactoring efforts where source databases include Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, Cassandra, and others. The Director of the Database Modernization Practice will report directly to the VP of Yugabyte Advanced Technology Services and will be responsible for all aspects of DMM.
- 10+ years of experience in the design, implementation, and migration of relational or non-relational database engines.
- 5+ years of experience leading implementation teams in the database space
- 5+ years of experience in leading customer-facing engagements to include setting technical direction for and with the customer, facilitating discovery sessions, and scoping implementation efforts
- Significant experience in the migration of databases from one platform to another
- Significant experience in the refactoring of applications as part of a database/application modernization effort.
- Leading, building, mentoring, and managing the ATS Engineering team within the DMM practice,
- Defining and delivering our Data Modernization Practice Offerings ( Approach/Methodologies, GTM, and Operational collateral, establishing/maintaining strategic service and tooling partner relationships )
- Guiding our strategic customers engaged with YB on a DMM journey
- Interacting with R&D and YB Product Management to improve and prioritize YB technology as it relates to DMM
- Interacting with sales leadership in positioning DMM to our strategic customers.
- Interacting with pre-sales engineering on messaging, advocacy, and ensuring appropriate expectations and business objectives are defined in accordance with the account plan and our capabilities
- Serving as a strong thought leader in facilitating the app-dev YB adoption/expansion process via refactoring and re-platforming.
Interview Process: Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Our process usually lasts 2-3 weeks, and consists of a phone screen, Zoom interviews including senior leaders and a brief, but interesting, “homework” assignment.
Competitive SalaryFull Health Benefits
Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
Internet and Phone Reimbursement
Home Office Setup Reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity employer, Yugabyte is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
More Information on Yugabyte
Yugabyte operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Sunnyvale, CA. Yugabyte was founded in 2016. It has 380 total employees. To see all 38 open jobs at Yugabyte, click here.
Read Full Job Description