Leadership position responsible for spearheading the vision design and implementation of data security controls for CNA. This position leads the data security team develops data security strategies and conducts data security readiness assessments for the selection development and implementation of enterprise data security standards. This position will focus on designing data encryption programs developing policies and procedures and strategy. Additional responsibilities include data classification data privacy/risk assessments and implementation of programs and data protection as a service. This position also has exposure to a range of Data Security technologies ranging from Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) DLP features Encryption/Tokenization Digital Rights Management Data Protection and Data Discovery across Structured Unstructured and Cloud.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Develops coordinates and is accountable for the Secure Data Strategy - Embedding security into the overall approach and vision for data in an organization.
- Builds leads and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of a team of experienced data security professionals.
- Oversees Secure Data Integration - Incorporating secure technological and business processes to align data from various sources.
- Data Protection - Provides capabilities layered on top of data at rest or in motion to secure the contents from unauthorized access.
- Directs implementation of technical capabilities such as rights management to enforce the movement or transmission of data.
- Data Security in the Cloud - Implements technical capabilities to protect and secure data in the cloud and to protect and secure structured and unstructured database assets.
- Database Security - Implements technical capabilities to protect and secure structured and unstructured database assets.
- Secures Data Analytics - Collects and analyzes business and event data to drive security value and enables the utilization of data as a business asset.
- Documents and advises on areas of security improvement that balances risk with business operations and do not diminish efficiencies or innovation.
- In collaboration with Legal identifies current and potential legal and regulatory issues affecting information security and assesses their impact on CNA's security and technology teams.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically AVP or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Expert level knowledge of data security concepts.
- Proven ability to effectively lead coach and develop a data security group.
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry its products and services.
- Strong knowledge of data security technical solutions (e.g. data loss prevention classification inventorying tools data discovery).
- Expert knowledge of traditional and modern cloud data solutions.
- Ability to assess risks in line with information security objectives and risk tolerance of the institution. Proven conceptual analytical and evaluation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal presentation and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work well independently under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to organize prioritize and plan effectively to meet project goals.
- Expert knowledge of privacy/data standards and regulations local domestic and global (State Level Data Protection ISO GAPP NIST 800 53 HIPPA HiTrust Privacy by Design GDPR EU Data Protection Directives CCPA APEC Privacy Framework.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with Master's preferred in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of ten years of IT Security experience preferably with recent cloud security experience.
- Typically a minimum of five years of security architecture experience designing and implementing data security solutions involving data encryption.
- Typically a minimum of five years of experience assessing or building programs in data protection: data encryption (FPE) tokenization masking and key management
- Typically a minimum of three years in asset and data discovery tooling (e.g. ServiceNow Varonis Netwrix)
- Typically a minimum of five years of experience in data encryption solutions within cloud environments (e.g. AWS Azure GCP)
- Typically a minimum of five years of hands-on experience with Data Security vendors product capabilities and solutions focus on Data Encryption and not limited to Data Loss Prevention Data Rights Management Data Classification and Data Privacy
- Experience and background in security metrics creation and reporting specifically in the data space