Director, Data Science at Rue Gilt Groupe (Boston, MA)
Rue Gilt Groupe (RGG) is looking for an exceptional Data Science leader to lead a team that’s ready to scale and revolutionize the technology that better serves the 35+ million loyal Members who interact with Ruelala.com and Gilt.com every day by leveraging cutting edge techniques such as predictive modelling, machine learning, and AI.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll own the data science strategy, build and foster deep partnerships with product, engineering, technology and business leaders to elevate the strategic conversation with actionable insights that further push and drive our innovation.
- You will lead a team of data science professionals with deep skills in modeling & algorithms, statistics, analytics, visualization, and machine learning engineering and invest in your talent to build bench strength as you scale the team.
- You will empower your team with the tools to do their best work and drive measurable value to the business, jumping in and contributing to the work as needed.
Your Leadership Style:
- You’re a strategic problem solver, proficient with prioritization and partner engagement with the ability to paint and evolve a long-term vision that aligns to top business priorities, while driving and executing on the immediate, most critical needs..
- You have a strong breadth and depth in the field of applied machine learning, statistical methodology, analytics, predictive modeling, and algorithms to tackle exciting problems with enough technical prowess to anticipate roadmap, system and/or integration challenges.
- You’re meticulous in your approach to the data, but are a lead with a strong EQ to empower your team while also genuinely interested in and engaged across the broader organization.
- You’re a strong coach and mentor, you know how to get the best from people!
- You work with stakeholders and able to understand their needs and make products that solve business problems
The Brass Tasks:
- 10+ years of experience working in applied data science field with a strong technical foundation
- MS or PhD (Preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistical Modelling
- Experience working within AWS or GCP Ecosystem as it applies to managed services and serverless technologies.
About the Data Science Team:
The Data Science team at RGG prides itself on solving complex business problems as well as providing business value. We interact with myriad stakeholders in the company and problem solve on many fronts. Areas that this team is responsible for but not limited to include on-site personalization of member experiences, personalization of offline member experiences (for e.g. EMail, SMS) and working with our partners on various business optimization problems. This is a highly visible role within the company and provides ample opportunities to grow the team and yourself.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other