Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business-critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
Chief is seeking an experienced Director of Data Science. In this role, you will oversee the teams and tools for our advanced analytics and machine learning efforts. You will hire and lead a team of data scientists and develop the “playbook” for how Chief leverages these techniques. Your deep experience with tools like PyTorch and TensorFlow, ability to create and enhance relevance algorithms, and the incorporation of external and internal data is crucial to our success.
● Lead the Data Science team at Chief and partner with our Software Engineering and Infrastructure teams on tool selection and data design.
● Hire and mentor a rapidly expanding team of technologists to keep pace with the growth of Chief and its platform.
● Collaborate with our product team to build end-to-end products leveraging predictive analytics and learning models across our Member experiences, everything from location-based recommendations to content relevance.
● Derive insights on member behavior for internal use through techniques like NLP.
● Develop the models that will allow Chief to use psychometric data and other signals to match members into Core groups.
● Help engineer a high degree of personalization in the use of the Chief platform.
● Deliver timely insights to our internal Membership Sales, Member Experience, and Strategy teams.
● Proven leadership abilities, including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions, fairness, and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness
● Extensive experience with a large-scale data environment.
● Extensive experience implementing ML, ideally in an eCommerce or real-time decision platform.
● Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
● Competitive salary and equity
● Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
● 20 weeks of paid gender-neutral parental leave
● Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
● Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
● Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the
● Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
● Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends