The Data Science team is a central function which seeks to leverage data to help make better business decisions. This team leverages a variety of data sources and quantitative techniques to synthesize stories around how our customers use our products and develop key insights and actionable recommendations for our product teams.
We're looking for a Director, who will build and lead a team of data scientists, to partner with growth, revenue, and product teams to answer key questions about how to grow revenue, scale a business, and launch high-impact initiatives. You’ll act as one of the most senior analytics leaders at Dropbox, and will work alongside product, engineering, design, marketing and research executives to advise on the company’s most important quantitative projects and achieve its most strategic business goals, as well as partner with the product organization to create and execute a quantitative monetization strategy tied to our products.
To do this, you’ll align key analytics projects for you and your team with business objectives, and communicate your insights broadly across multiple leadership teams. You’ll also have the unique opportunity to define what analytics means at Dropbox by influencing groups across the company to better understand how they can leverage data to achieve their most ambitious goals, leading by example. This role is highly strategic and uniquely is positioned to drive multiplier impacts for Dropbox as we continue to innovate and expand our core products. At the same time, you will get to lead an amazing team of talented, passionate data scientists and partner with senior leaders across Dropbox functions to shape the future of our business. Responsibilities
- Build and manage a team of high performing data scientists to deliver best in class analytics
- Work with cross-functional teams (including Data Science, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Design, User Research, and senior executives) to rapidly execute and iterate on our Growth and Monetization Strategy
- Leverage data-driven insights to proactively identify most impactful opportunities, and inform future experimentation design and product roadmaps
- Create personalized segmentation strategies leveraging propensity models to enable targeting of offers and experiences based on user attributes
- Identify key metrics and leverage automated dashboards to track health of the business to inform financial outlook
- Ensure active collaboration with cross functional partners and perform analytical deep-dives to analyze problems, size opportunities and optimize through experimentation.
- Translate complex concepts into implications for the business via excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Coach, mentor and help set strategy for Data Scientists to drive even more impact for the team
- Understand what matters most and prioritize ruthlessly
- Bachelors’ or above in quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years experience of leveraging data-driven analysis to influence key business decisions, preferably in a tech company
- 3+ years directly managing data scientists, quantitative researchers, or product analysts
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction & driver measurable business impact
- Ability to lead and inspire a team who converts data into insights
- Ability to influence prioritization and execution of high impact projects effecting customer experience and monetization
- Ability to analyze large datasets and use data to inform product or business decision making, with a track record of driving directly measurable product or business impact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience building data driven programs and teams - experience with SQL and large datasets, deep understanding of statistical analysis & experiment design