Director, Data Platforms (Remote) at Trace3
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Practice Director of Data Platforms is responsible for oversight of strategic partners and technical solutions for the Data Intelligence practice. This position will spearhead data offerings related to data platforms. The Practice Director will be responsible for the assignment of consultants who will perform assessments, requirements gathering, proof-of-concept, technical workshops, and oversee and support the engagement delivery. This role will also champion sales enablement around the analysis of client processes, understanding client’s business landscape, defining requirements, and then expertly delivering innovative solutions and strategies.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, maintain, and evolve a comprehensive cloud data vision and strategy, which includes creating a product and services portfolio and go-to-market strategy with a focus on Snowflake
- Responsible for the establishment of strategic and financial team goals and formulating plans to make sure those goals are met.
- Oversee each project’s life cycle from conception to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency.
- Lead the transformation of selling more strategic and complex multi-year engagements.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring optimal client satisfaction throughout the entire lifecycle of the engagement by delivering the Trace3 “Total Customer Experience.”
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with Technical Leaders within our client’s organizations.
- Responsible for leading, coaching, and mentoring team members and supporting their professional development.
- Partner and collaborate with Sales Teams and other Technology Teams to deliver and present industry best programs and services to clients.
- Build and maintain strong and long-lasting relationships with our key Data Intelligence Partners.
- Assist with technical scoping and Statements of Work (SOW) for assigned accounts.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure, Cloud, Security, and Innovation teams to share, debate and draw conclusions about where future value lies with data platforms; partner and work with our Innovation Team to help identify trends and new technologies.
- Demonstrates thought-leadership in public forums through talks, presentations, and executive level engagement.
- Triage and resolve escalations of issues when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a minimum of ten (10) + years’ progressive technical leadership experience is preferred
- Extensive experience working for a technology or consulting company and developing strategic, profitable business plans
- Deep knowledge of AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning and the application to data and analytics
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace, outstanding interpersonal employee coaching and development skills
- Excellent understanding of business environments and challenges of IT operations in an enterprise level corporation
- Strong financial and business acumen with understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
- Proven expertise in the development and delivery of accurate and timely weekly, monthly quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Ability to think outside the box and develop solutions to accomplish seemingly impossible tasks, while remaining risk and objective focused
- Ability to approach customer and sales requests with a proactive and consultative manner; listen and understand user requests and needs and effectively deliver
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills with an ability to present technical issues to C-Level Executives and non-technical audience
- Ability to travel
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Total Wellness Program
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.