Director, Data Engineering (Functional Leadership Role) at NielsenIQ (Remote)
Director, Data Engineering (Functional Leadership Role)
Location: Remote (Must be US based)
Reference ID: REF11735U
About this job
At NielsenIQ, we process over 250 terabytes of data every single day, manage it in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class platforms and analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the consumer goods market at a scale that no other company is able to achieve.
- Hands on leadership and end to end responsibility of Backend Platform and Frontend applications working directly with large retailer
- Support and lead technical conversations, including architecture review, code review, and drive SDLC process as required
- Lead full cycle development of strategic initiatives and provide overall technical guidance to team
- Work closely with the internal Product, Technology and Business teams to drive business outcomes for retail client
- Acts as an expert technical resource across functional organizations and monitors performance of project plans
- Work with customers to understand and execute on their requirements
- Team player who mentors and upskills junior resources
How you'll invest in talent
- Develop and inspire a world class team fostering the highest quality talent while scaling to meet business challenges
- Cultivate strong culture and engagement, ensuring associates are committed and excited about their work
- Identify and develop NielsenIQ’s future leaders and senior technologists acting as a talent multiplier
- Data Engineering Key Work: Data Enablement and Architecture
- App & Dev Key Work: Build & maintain custom BI applications
A little bit about you
We’re looking for a passionate, analytical, innovative leader who wants to figure out how to measure things in a complex world. You are familiar with the development of BI solutions, managing cloud environment, and managing ETL. Experienced in strategically developing Data Architecture, ensuring that we can be a great technical partner with our large retail client’s technical leadership.
The role requires a leader who is customer oriented, with business acumen and who acts as a true partner to the business to achieve success. If you have a passion for building scalable products and extensive experience in scalable platforms, we’re looking for you!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Deep experience leading teams in developing scalable and cloud native data processing frameworks using microservices and cutting-edge technologies
- Extensive experience in leading delivery teams in agile software development practices adhering to scrum ceremonies, and DevOps
- Functional knowledge of data structures (Relational and star schema), algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- Design highly scalable ELT/ETL processes with complex data transformations, data formats including error handling and monitoring
- Performs independent technical analysis, debugging and troubleshooting
- Thrives in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and enjoys being challenged
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence across cross-functional technology teams, the business and outside the organization
We’re in tune with what the world is buying. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods manufacturers to retailers, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.
Become part of NielsenIQ at: www.niq.com.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.