Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
The Director Data & Analytics Engineering is responsible for leading a team of data & analytics engineers that build, manage, and support the enterprise data and analytics technology products. Drive the data and analytics journey from traditional on-prem data technologies to a modern cloud-based data and analytics platform.
- Provide technical leadership to drive delivery and execution of the overall Data & Analytics technology vision. Accelerate building and improving foundational and emerging technology capabilities centered around data and analytics technology such as foundational data assets, data engineering pipelines, data platforms, data products, and analytics & decisioning technology.
- Build & mentor high-quality engineering teams that deliver high quality, performant solutions that drive customer and business outcomes. Drive a product mindset and cross functional team structure to support the strategy and fast paced delivery of quality solutions.
- Engage in cross-functional relationships with Business Product owners, Data Scientists, and Analysts to understand product needs and delivery expectations. Drive adoption of new products, platforms, and data assets.
- Provide product management for technology deliverables including planning, estimation, coordination and execution.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas including process management, resiliency, and quality.
- Conduct research of strategic & emerging trends, lead proofs of concept and continuously drive innovation across the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, or Business required.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics, or business preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in information technology, leadership, analytics, risk management, modeling, consulting, or related experience required.
- Minimum 4+ years of people management experience required.
- 10+ years of experience in information technology, leadership, analytics, risk management, modeling, consulting, or related experience preferred.
- In lieu of education, 10+ years of experience in information technology, leadership, analytics, risk management, modeling, consulting, or related experience required.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.