ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We are seeking a Director of Business Analytics and Insights to join our Catering Partner Business. You will be a key member of the Catering Partner Business’ leadership team and will contribute tremendous value by providing analytical leadership to deliver insights that will drive a more productive and reliable catering partner network. You and your team will uncover insights that help us ncover opportunities in areas such as optimization of the Catering Partner base across markets and pricing and implementation strategy for added value marketing programs.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the prioritization and execution of business critical analysis to identify insights that will lead to reliability, optimization and revenue generation initiatives for the supply side of the ezCater marketplace
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of business analysts
- Partner closely with data engineering, sales operations and FP&A teams to ensure timely and accurate forecasting, measurement and impact of analytics efforts
- Deliver core reporting to enable business management
- Develop and drive scalable processes focused on delivering actionable ad hoc analytics across the Catering Partner organization
- Support sales and account engagement activity through account-level insight, expansion opportunity and strategic analytics to support business objectives and key account sales
- Lead the creation of business development materials, simplifying advanced analytical concepts into succinct and compelling narratives to help our Catering Partners grow with our platform.
What You Have:
- An outcome driven approach to analytics oriented towards driving business value
- 8+ years of analytics experience with at least 4+ years leading a team of analysts in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with business leadership to implement measurement and optimization frameworks across teams and technology platforms
- Strong problem solving skills with an eye towards using data to find win-win solutions through market growth
- Fluency in SQL required. Python, R or other statistical modeling technologies preferred
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and collaborate with a broad stakeholder group working cross functionally
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a very fast-paced work environment
- eCommerce or multi-sided marketplace experience is a plus
Starting Salary: $185,000 - $242,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.