Director, Analytics at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of high caliber analysts and be responsible for their career development and growth
- Be a thought partner to product management, data science and marketing leaders to drive data-informed product/model/business decisions
- Develop learning agendas and test plans to support agile, data oriented decision making environment
- Design and implement tests (A/B and multivariate) to optimize drivers of acquisition, engagement, monetization and reactivation
- Partner with product/marketing, engineering and business intelligence to ensure proper instrumentation of tests
- Perform data-driven exploratory analysis to generate hypotheses, identify gaps, and size opportunities for new initiatives
- Serve as an internal consultant for the GMs in all things data and analytics
What’s great about the role:
- You’ll get to solve highly analytical problems and have a direct impact on Credit Karma’s core business strategies
- Your work will help us design better products, improve user experience, and inform overall business strategy
- This role is highly cross-functional, meaning you’ll work with teams from strategy, finance, product, marketing, business development, engineering, and data science
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of analytics experience in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of prior experience managing people and teams
- Experience influencing leaders at the highest level in driving data driven business decisions
- Experience in driving analytics projects independently with deep attention to detail and communicating results broadly across the organization
- Strong SQL and Excel skills with exposure to R and/or Python
- Deep understanding of statistical concepts such as experiment design, hypothesis testing, and basic machine learning
- Experience with digital/online marketing (SEM, Paid Social, Display, etc.) projects and analysis of very large, complex sets of data a plus
- Experience with data driven product development is a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a startup like environment, moving quickly and handling changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business leaders
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)