Digital Analyst, Merchandising, Zoro at Zoro (Buffalo, NY)
Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
Zoro is seeking a motivated, curious and knowledgeable Digital Merchandising Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing complex data patterns and turning them into actionable insights across the digital merchandising organization. They will serve as the subject matter expert in identifying and analyzing data across our 7 Mil product assortment as well as understand key site metrics to improve our customer's navigation experience at scale. You will be responsible for forecasting, planning and effectively communicating actionable insights across multiple teams and disciplines.
The digital analyst will own the analytical translation of Big Query data to the world of our B2B customers and what we can collectively do to improve their shopping experience. The digital merchandising analysts are expert communicators of our data, savvy with SQL and R/python for doing data transformations and visualization to make the data actionable, and are the in-house experts on what this means to merchandise our endless assortment.
This position will work closely with Digital Merchandising, Experience Design (XD), Marketing, and Category Management to improve customer navigation at scale in relation to a) product category, b) search c) brand / supplier partner and d) customer segmentation.
- Act as subject matter expert of Analytical Tool Sets (Big Query, Looker, GA, Google Colab, Content Square) and be able to create exception reports to help team members execute solutions and troubleshoot problems related to customer navigation on Zoro.com
- Understand and leverage Merchandising Tool Sets (BRSM, P360, Qualtrix) to inform merchandising practices
- Analyze web KPIs related to the team's ability to improve the customer experience, purchase path and translate findings into scalable site improvements
- Monitor Performance for a set of categories, brands, and suppliers. Define and execute initiatives to improve performance for those categories long term
- Develop an understanding of Category Optimizations to facilitate collaboration with Merchandising Managers to test and learn about strategies to optimize categories at scale
- Apply data driven insights across segments of our assortment and develop global testing hypothesis that improve customer's findability
- Collaborate with Digital Merchandising, Marketing and UX to devise, document and test new or revised merchandising strategies to support individual category or customer segment needs, and then adjust as needed based on user feedback
- Provide general assistance with project analysis needs, including data quality and reconciliation, QA and UAT testing phases
- Utilize Google Analytics, SQL, BigQuery and Excel to support and test decisions for merchandising strategies related to customer navigation
- Reformat and visualize data for team to help speed up their time to doing analysis on the data
- Proactively investigate traffic, conversion, and performance trends using web analytics data or other methods such as ContentSquare, Looker etc.
- 2+ year experience in an online search, digital merchandising, online analytics, or business analyst role
- Experience and excitement to work with with large data sets and tackle complex data manipulation with a formulaic approach
- Attention to detail, with a methodical approach to work
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial culture and fast-paced environment.
- Strong, proactive communication skills. Communicates timelines and plans ahead. Provides context and clarity around the "what", "why" and "how"
- Actively seeks clarity throughout all levels of the organization and can effectively communicate cross-functionally regarding alignment to business goals.
- Team player who is collaborative and consistently demonstrates curiosity by asking questions, listening and engaging with others
- Proactively seeks feedback, accepts areas of opportunity and excellence and applies feedback to grow. Constructively gives upward, cross-functional and peer feedback.
- Ability to write complex, and efficient SQL queries to extract data
- Strong data manipulation and analysis skills in SQL; experience or willingness to learn R/python
- Strong data manipulation and analysis skills. Ability to effectively execute Python or R and translate to actionable insights
- Experience using Google Analytics Clickstream Models, SQL, BigQuery, Google Colab
- Experience with Business Intelligence and data visualization tools such as Looker
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture: Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions. Zoro is a place where everyone can learn, grow and thrive.
We recognize the courage and effort it takes to apply for your next opportunity. We also recognize that there is rarely such a thing as a perfect candidate. Even if you do not meet every qualification, we still encourage you to apply -- we do not want to miss out on meeting the next person who could emerge as a key contributor to our business and culture.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.