Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
As a (Product) Analytics Lead at Opendoor, you will be part of a centralized Decision Science team, that exists within our Data Science and Research organization. You will partner with business stakeholders in Operations, Product, Engineering, and Design organizations to drive our business forward with recommendations you uncover through data. You will own analytics for one of Opendoor’s emerging consumer-facing products and partner with business owners to help shape its direction. The (Product) Analytics Lead will contribute individual analytics work, as well as help set the roadmap for a team of (Product) Data Analysts supporting the Buy with Opendoor product.
- Partner with Product and Operations leadership to improve business outcomes by monitoring business health, planning and executing A/B tests, and making data-driven recommendations to help Opendoor scale.
- Mentoring and support a team of two product analysts aligned to the Buyer Product org
- Work closely with high level stakeholders to ideate, opportunity size, and execute strategic business initiatives that improve Opendoor’s buyer product to enhance our customers experience and ensure the success of the company
- Lead the Buyer Product and Operations surface areas for Business Analytics and mentor other data analysts with a culture of excellence
- Operate on multiple levels: From engaging on strategic questions and projects to creating a long-term roadmap on a 12+ month horizon to working through challenging data and analytical problems
- Collaborate with Analytics Platform and Data Science teams to build Opendoor’s long-term analytics
- 4+ years of experience post academia, working in an analytical role – leading data discoveries, strategies and discussion with non technical stakeholders in the business
- Proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau or Looker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights and data visualizations
- Comfort working with complex and fast-evolving data sets
- System thinking and creativity to solve complex problems by going deep and understand its core drivers
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing
Bonus Points if
- Providing data strategies and insights at a data driven software company
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the minimum total compensation for this role is $230,000. The actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of employment considerations. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description