DBA / Data Engineer at Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA)
Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
We’re looking for a solid contributor to our SQL/database/data related efforts – from SQL server/database administration, maintenance and tuning (normal DBA stuff) to architecture & management of BI data resources (Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, Data Science overall). This is a newly created position/role that will join a small, nimble, team working in a fast-paced environment for a great company where your opinion and experience matters. We have grown seemingly exponentially in the last couple of years and now have a need to dedicate a significant resource to these efforts (currently spread across ITOps/DEV engineers).
Tech Breakdown of this position: 50% DBA; 50% Data Engineer
Tech stack: 100% Azure cloud based, using latest versions of everything, fully utilizing Azure toolsets & augmenting with others.
Who We Are:
We’re a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we’re obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you’ll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Performance tuning and capacity planning (keep the business running while planning tomorrows architecture)
- Review existing processes and propose and implement data processing improvements
- Administer/manage the current database server/Azure SQL architecture and aid in performance monitoring/tuning (SQL Server 2019, Azure SQL, Database Availability Groups, Query Store, etc)
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to quickly highlight and resolve problems within database systems
- Implement policies and procedures for backup recovery and database management, maintenance, and improvements.
- Architect and manage the data integration projects/processes - ETL environment, processes, and scripts to acquire data from various disparate systems and apply the data to tables in a database for operational analysis.
- Provide direction and oversight of current Reporting/BI architecture and workflow. (ETL/ELT, SSIS, Power BI, SQL databases, Azure Data Factory)
- Contribute to the on-going design and development of the database architecture as new datasets are incorporated into the data warehouse.
- Provide direction for connecting reporting tools (Power BI, etc.) to the platform
- 5+ years’ minimum experience in MS SQL Server Database Administrator
- Minimum 1 year experience using SQL solutions within Azure.
- Experience creating and configuring Availability Groups and Listeners.
- Demonstratable experience & knowledge in supporting BI efforts
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-moving and constantly changing environment.
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Generous 401K match
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves. Company sponsored happy hours, birthday parties, rewards trips and team building events are always on the horizon
- Unlimited PTO – we believe in travel and time off!
- Free delicious food, snacks, organic fruit, and assorted beverages in all our offices
Aya Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including Disability / Vets, and welcomes all to apply. Please click here for our EEO policy.