Flexibility Fast-Track-Career Team Events
At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfil our mission in building the #1 global school! Headquartered in Vienna and founded in 2016, GoStudent is the leading, scale-up, venture-backed Edtech platform. With +591M€ raised from national and international investors we're growing at 20 percent MoM and aim for 5x-10x growth within our international markets in the next 12 months. Do those numbers excite you? Then take this opportunity to be bold and make your mark.
- You'll ensure Cassandra/Couchbase/Scylla runs at optimal health, and perform performance troubleshooting as necessary (I/O, CPU, identify bottlenecks, etc.).
- Manage the AWS Database estate to ensure high availability and performance
- Troubleshoot performance problems
- Ability to run standard maintenance (repair, snapshots, restore )
- Maintain a cluster with multi node / multi service setup
- Perform backups and restores
- Setup XDCR replication across multi cluster environments
- Migration of bucket(s) to new cluster(s)
Who you are:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux and Windows environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of various backup procedures including storage level replication
- Demonstrated knowledge of Disaster Recovery procedures
- Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 5 years' experience as a DBA working on Couchbase and Cassandra databases.
- Experience with SHELL/Ansible scripting.
What we offer you:
- An amazing and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated and openminded colleagues.
- Modern & developer-friendly TechStack.
- Opportunity to be creative and have a direct impact on the product.
- Career paths and the opportunity for professional career development.
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills.
- The Database Engineer will support database installation, configuration and problem management/resolution of issues of systems for production readiness.
- Possessing demonstrated ability to implement new technologies, tools, and methods, you have an in-depth knowledge of Cassandra & Couchbase, including hands-on experience in installation, upgrades, backup technology, High Availability and Performance Tuning.