Database Administrator at Dentsu
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.Job Description
This position will be part of Merkle DBA team. This team is responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Relational and/or NO-SQL based solutions, including infrastructure analysis, platform and infrastructure selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment.
Team also serves as a point of escalation for support services on multiple data platforms. Team acts as an authoritative source for data technologies providing information on problem resolution and configuration best practices.
- Administration, Installation, Configuration, Support, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of multiple data management platforms like MS SQL Server, Netezza, RedShift, Azure SQL/Synapse, Big Query, MySQL, Snowflake etc.
- May be involved with the following: troubleshooting, recovery, tuning of the database, software installation and upgrades, resolving errors and failures, auditing activities, and resource utilization
- Schedule, plan, and document installation and testing
- Develop standards and guidelines
- Modify existing databases and database implementations or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
- Plan, coordinate and implement database security measures to safeguard information.
- Communicate with internal users and answer questions, documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of experience on a commercial or open-source Relational Database Management System (RDMS) including but not limited to Database Administration, development, and/or maintenance with the desire and motivation to expand upon current skill set
- Experience with any of these: Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, Redshift etc.
- Motivation to receive internal training and mentoring in different Data Management Technologies
- Familiarity with Cloud, MPP and Data Warehousing concepts is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.