Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
As a Database Administration Specialist, you would provide database support services to application teams and Technology Services Group (TSG) operations teams including the Network Operations Center. Ideal candidate may be required to have knowledge of multiple database management systems on one or more operating systems. Primary duties include database software installation, upgrade/patching, infrastructure management and creation and support of application databases.
What you will be doing
Provide database support services to application teams and Technology Services Group (TSG) operations teams including the Network Operations Center. May require knowledge of multiple database management systems on one or more operating systems. This position is remote.
- Primary duties include database software installation, upgrade/patching, infrastructure management and creation and support of application databases.
- Ensures issues resulting in customer outage is escalated appropriately through TSG management.
- Assists application groups with design development that meet current and future business requirements:
- Participates in logical design process of strategic projects and responsible for the physical design/implementation.
- Provides specific direction on infrastructure design to support applications.
- Participates as a member of development support team on projects.
- Follows and meets project timelines and deadlines.
- Provides maintenance of physical database:
- Creates physical database objectives following established standards and processes employed by database team.
- Enforces database standards and follows up on inconsistencies.
- Performs routine reviews of databases and systems to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Reports problem performance areas and recommendations for improvement.
- Follows up on recommendations and actively pushes for implementation as appropriate.
- Understands and applies database concepts such as database definitions, parameters, database component placement, reorganization, access methods and security definitions.
- Works with capacity planning, operations, application developers and other TSG teams on database performance and access issues.
- Provides 24/7 support of production database environments.
- As primary administrator, provides on call support as needed for on-call issues with database environments and provides follow up and permanent resolution for reoccurring issues.
- Implements backup/recovery procedures to protect integrity of data in database environment.
- Actively manages backups along with other database administrators to ensure processes are successful and we can recover as a result.
- If necessary, participates in recovery of databases and assists with disaster recovery testing and documentation.
- Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
- At least 7+ years of SQL DBA experience covering implementation, production support and project work.
- Experience with SQL Sever 2012 -2019.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with HADR is a plus.
- Experience with database monitoring tools, able to provide recommendations
- PowerShell, batch scripting.
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect with varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.