Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
As a data warehouse engineer, you will build scalable tools on top of Reddit's petabyte-scale warehouse to support all data customers of Reddit. Your work will enable data scientists, machine learning engineers, and product teams to create and access data at a massive scale. If you have a passion for building and maintaining high quality data tools, and want to improve how Reddit makes strategic decisions at the company level, then this is the team for you!
What You’ll Learn:
- You will be exposed to the full lifecycle of data at Reddit, and as a result will gain expertise on how to scale and improve the data culture across the entire company
- You will work directly with a diverse team set including data science, experimentation, infrastructure, machine learning, and senior leadership
- You will work with one of the largest and richest datasets in the world, and get exposure to leading data technologies (including the ones Reddit builds from the ground up)
What You’ll Do:
- Build and scale data orchestration services that support complex analysis across Reddit
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements
- Own data quality for crucial systems at Reddit, and serve as a primary resource for data expertise
- Define and manage SLA for datasets that support production services
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 4+ years experience working with large scale ETL systems (implementation, strategy, and maintenance)
- 4+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Bonus points for background in data science, analytics, or data QA
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].